Clinical Data Manager
University Code 34061 University Title Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Clinical Data Manager Position Number 527980 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The clinical research data manager is responsible for the collection, entry and management of data for multiple projects from multiple Sponsor sources including national, pharmaceutical and Investigator-Initiated Sponsors. The incumbent will work with internal and external study members to
make sure data is collected, managed, cleaned and reported clearly and accurately for all trials assigned to your team. You will report to the Manager, Data Management Core within Clinical Research Operations Unit of the Clinical Trials Office at Massey Cancer Center.
The candidate at the Advanced level ( CDM III ) will perform the duties listed with minimal supervision as well as serve to train and mentor CDM II/I. You may manage biospecimen and observational
studies in partnership and with support from the Clinical Operations Lead and Study Investigator. The CDM III may also serve as a super user of the DEEP6Ai assisting designated disease specific
study teams to match trials to patient and patients to trials. You may represent the operations team as a clinical operation representative on Disease working Groups and aid in the identification and
recruitment of patients to treatment clinical trials.
Intermediate level ( CDM II) will perform the
following job responsibilities under general supervision. The candidate at the Assistant level ( CDM I) will perform these responsibilities under direct supervision.
• Project Start-up: Work collaboratively and independently to develop electronic clinical research charts, conduct data retrieval, entry and quality control using eMR, CTMS (OnCore), other IT system
and supporting documentation.
• Test electronic data capture to meet the needs of studies.
• Help with project management and planning for all aspects of data collection and data processing for research
• Ensure trial visits, data for study participant tests and samples are done per the study
schedule and entered in a timely fashion.
• Support the clinical study team coordinator/research
nurse and PI as appropriate.
Study Conduct: Review and resolve data discrepancies with electronic data check systems.
Reconcile internal and external data sources and query and resolve any issues identified. Maintain all data management documentation following standard practice guidelines.
Perform database close and locking procedures.
Perform procedures for archiving research databases.
Finalize data management study data and documentation.
Other responsibilities include: Create and review standard operating procedures.
Three positions will be filled from this posting.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Assistant level ( CDM I): Requires 1+ years of experience in a role that supports data management activities with an exposure to data processes and flow or ability to learn basic data entry, understand
complex protocols and motivation to learn foundation of at least one oncology disease area.
•Intermediate level ( CDMII ) : Requires an Associate’s degree and 1+ years of experience in data management in a regulatory compliant environment with a working knowledge of data management
processes, data cleaning and flow.
• Advanced and Intermediate level: Experience with EDC
software, XML, onCore, eMR (Cerner or EPIC ), RedCap, DEEP6Ai.
• Experience with Microsoft
Excel, Microsoft Word, Visio, Smartsheet and Adobe.
• Ability to work as a team member and
independently; analyze problems in a logical and systematic manner; pay attention to and accurately
execute detailed tasks.
• Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Preferred Hiring Standards Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, 8-5 Job Open Date 05/27/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106437 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience with clinical research.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your data management skills.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your medical background.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond