University Code 18211 University Title Finance Specialist 1 University Job Family Financial Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Transaction Analyst Position Number 563290 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? No Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Advancement Services Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
In 2020, Development and Alumni Relations completed the largest fundraising campaign in VCU’s history, with donors contributing $841.6 million. The Make It Real Campaign for VCU funded the critical initiatives that will become points of distinction for VCU long into the future.
The office of Development and Alumni Relations ( DAR ) is seeking a Transaction Analyst to join the Gifts & Records Management team.
As a Transaction Analyst, you will:
- Process financial transactions and update biographical data from gift documents to constituent database;
- Assist with preparation of daily deposits and batching processes, ensuring accuracy in amount and depository and adherence to university and department policies and guidelines;
- Provide reconciliation support to supervisor in balancing bank deposits;
- Assist with all aspect of the batching and processing procedures as needed;
- Implement issue resolutions and transaction corrections as needed; and
- Assist with daily gift/batch proofing processes to ensure accuracy in transaction entry based on donor intent, IRS regulations, and CASE guidelines.
As a collaborative team member, you will:
- Maintain and encourage open and honest professional relationships within the team and throughout DAR and VCU ;
- Establish, cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with internal constituencies;
- Work with your peers and stakeholders to add to DAR’s collective innovative thinking; and
- Align your values with DAR’s core purpose and values.
Minimum Hiring Standards
●High school diploma or equivalent
●Basic knowledge of accounting principles
●Demonstrated knowledge of cash handling control practices
●Ability to analyze data and documentation to determine donor intent and proper recording of charitable contribution
●Working knowledge of complex relational database
●Ability to input data with minimal keying errors according to established procedures
●Flexibility to adapt to process changes
●Ability to meet specified deadlines
●Ability to collaborate with the processing team
●Strong interpersonal and communication skills
●Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a university professional at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
●Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology, or a related field
●Knowledge of IRS guidelines as they pertain to charitable giving
●Knowledge of CASE best practices in gift recording and biographical data capture
●Knowledge of complex business practices
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience up to $45,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Job Open Date 05/14/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106121 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond