Job Code/Title 82762 - H - Lab/Research Technician 2 Position Number H82762 Working Title Research Assistant Department Biostatistics Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $12.5 - $17/hour Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Research Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day activities required to support the research goals of bioinformatics/computational genomics projects. Specifically, duties include:
- Experimental design development, method development, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript preparation and grant development
- Execute prescribed tasks as outlined by supervisor in a timely and organized manner
- Assist research personnel with experiments and analysis
- Compile results of experiments and regularly report to supervisor
- Carry out other research-related duties as needed
- Degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer sciences or related fields. Applicants currently pursuing such degrees will be considered.
- Experience with R and/or Python programming
- Familiarity with Git/GitHub
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in diverse and dynamic environment
- The School of Medicine supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate will demonstrate experience that shows their commitment to fostering such an environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to present and articulate complex concepts
Job Open Date 05/27/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/105906 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application