Position Title Accounting Faculty FLSA Exempt Contract Length 9 months Class Summary
College of the Mainland is currently seeking a Full-time Accounting Instructor.
Responsible for providing instruction within the Business Department’s Accounting program. Prepare, develop, revise curriculum and course work. Provide scheduled office hours for student consultation. Serves on College committees as needed and assigned. Participate in student oriented instructional and advisement activities as needed and assigned.
Position Type Faculty Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Regular Minimum Education/Training/Experience
Master’s Degree and 18 graduate semester hours in the accounting field with at least three years of industry-related work experience.
Three years teaching experience in higher education, including teaching online courses. CPA preferred. Experience working with diverse populations. Familiarity with Accounting software packages. Experience with Blackboard or other learning management systems.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
Detailed knowledge of material being taught in the specific course and program area;
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction;
Computer literacy to perform job duties.
Knowledge of student engagement techniques, learning styles, recruiting and retention strategies, and learning-centered philosophy; Experience with or willingness to learn latest teaching/learning technologies.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Teaching and Student Engagement
1. Teach assigned courses in accordance with the course syllabi and a schedule of classes that may include day, evening, and distance classes.
2. Engage in development of new and creative instructional materials, including new courses and delivery formats.
3. Assist in keeping the curriculum of the program(s) current. Prepare, develop and revise program curriculum and coursework.
4. Advise students and ensure the successful completion of their degree program.
5. Post and hold office hours in a physical and electronic format (to include virtual office hours) as appropriate.
6. Participate in course and program assessment planning.
7. Assist with student recruitment.
1. Maintain a current knowledge of advances and innovations in the academic discipline.
2. Assist with committee work and administrative tasks related to the faculty member’s Department.
3. Assist with committee work and tasks related to the College.
4. Assist with accreditation and state approval processes.
5. Engage in service to the community, including advising and working with students.
6. Attend Department and College meetings along with in-service workshops, honors and awards ceremonies, convocations and graduations.
7. Other duties as appropriate to the position.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Posting Number F147P Candidates that are eligible apply Internal/External Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application.
Minimum Salary Range TBD Mid Point Salary Range TBD Maximum Salary Range TBD Posting Open Date 04/14/2020 Posting Close Date 04/26/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2459 EEO Statement
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's Degree and 18 credit hours in the
- * Do you have experience working in a community college?
- * Are you proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office: Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Access?
- Only Word
- Only Word and Excel
- Only Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Media File
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Texas City