Computer Systems Analyst I, Office of Financial Aid
The Office of Financial Aid invites applications for a Computer Systems Analyst I to join their team. Under the direction of the Systems Analyst II, this position is responsible to assist with testing of new releases and requested modifications made by EIS. The individual assigned to this position will work with the other staff within the department to troubleshoot when things are not working as expected and determining whether to problem is technical or procedural, as well as identify potential solutions.
The person assigned to this position will be responsible for identifying opportunities for using technology to gain efficiencies. The employee assigned to this role will monitor the progress of departmental JIRAs. This position will be responsible for generating ad hoc SQL reports. The person assigned to this position must assist in the set-up of Banner forms, as well as modify and create Banner population selections (popsels). This position will serve as back-up for running all Banner FA jobs.
The individual assigned to this position must assist in maintaining departmental website, and assist in creating and maintaining procedural documents. The employee assigned to this position will assist in the generating and sending of financial aid communications (emails and letters). The person in this position must perform file evaluation and provide customer service as needed.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of federal and state aid regulations and UM policies and procedures. Able to use Banner, CyberBear, UC4, WinSCP, Cascade, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel. Able to read, understand and modify Banner algorithms and popsels. Develop a working knowledge of relational databases, such as Oracle and associated toolset, especially SQL, including ability to use SQL to extract report data.
- Must have basic knowledge of a relational databases definition
- Must be able to write clear requests for system modifications
- Must be able to understand financial aid processes and timelines
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills and proven ability to work with a diverse group of end users
- Demonstrated experience trouble shooting both technical and end user problems
- Ability to learn new technologies and maintain technical currency
- Strong organizational skills and ability to change priorities quickly
- Must have a great attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to be granted access to federal aid databases, meaning cannot be in default on any federal loans
Minimum Required Experience
- High school diploma and four (4) years combination of closely related work experience; or a combination of education and experience to execute the duties of the position
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent technical systems background experience
About the Office of Financial Aid and UM
We, the staff of the financial aid office, in order to support the educational goals of students, equitably distribute financial resources to an economically diverse population within the bounds of imposed regulations, providing a depth of service corresponding to the needs of our community.
We strive to build the reputation of the university by being courteous, knowledgeable and approachable to all. We endeavor to effectively use technology and continually seek to improve our communication and processes. We embrace each staff member’s strengths, creating a positive environment where all can thrive.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Computer Systems Analyst I
Position Number: NEW
Department: Office of Financial Aid
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner