Lectureship in General Education in the areas of Natural Science/Engineering
School of Humanities and Social Science now invites applications and nominations for:
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Lecturer in General Education in the areas of
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is established in accordance with the Regulations of the People’s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is intended to evolve into a world class research university with strong Chinese cultural influence. It is committed to nurturing high end talent with global perspective, Chinese tradition and social responsibility.
School of Humanities and Social Science (HSS) has two important missions for our university’s education. First, HSS provides university core courses for all university students in multiple areas, including general education, English language competency, Chinese language competency, physical education and fitness, basic competency in information technology (IT) applications, etc. These areas lay the foundation for the comprehensive education that all CUHK-Shenzhen students receive.
HSS intends to become a school of excellence in humanities and social sciences, and to provide high-quality programmes in multiple areas at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. At present, HSS offers four-high-quality graduate programmes: Master of Arts in Translation and Interpreting Studies, Master of Arts in Global Studies, Master of Science in Applied Psychology and Master of Arts in Simultaneous Interpreting. At the undergraduate level, HSS offers Bachelor of Arts programme in Translation, Bachelor of Arts programme in English Studies and Bachelor of Science programme in Applied Psychology. HSS will also starts new interdisciplinary programmes at both bachelor and master levels.
The appointee is expected to commence work in academic year 2021-2022. A Ph.D. must be in hand prior to taking up the appointment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Applicant for senior lecturer, lecturer or assistant lecturer position in natural science or engineering should have:
- a Ph.D. degree in natural science, astronomy, mechanical engineering, artificial intelligence, theoretical physics, robotics and automation or other related areas;
- interest and preferably experience in teaching science at tertiary level.
- proficiency in Chinese and/or English, and a proven record of teaching excellence and experience in leading small group seminars would be an advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- teaching courses related to his/her field of study;
- designing e-learning materials;
- assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be made under the establishment of CUHK, Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Applicant should apply online at http://academicrecruit.cuhk.edu.cn/hss and upload up-to-date CV, certification of all degrees and teaching evaluation report. Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted.
Applications will be considered until the post is filled.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Engineering Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China
- Other Science & Technology Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in China