Coordinator, Academic Systems & Support
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Coordinator, Academic Systems & Support position. The Coordinator, Academic Systems & Support is responsible for ensuring compliance with established Division and College standards, practices and policies, while working collaboratively with other departments within the Division in the coordination of administrative processes related to faculty workload, seniority and compensation. The Coordinator manages Banner non-credit systems, coordinating all upgrades, implementations, and testing. The Coordinator is responsible for Banner Student non-credit section records as they relate to course maintenance, scheduling, and oversight of section attendance. The Coordinator acts as a liaison to various departments within the College regarding faculty workload and eligibility for credit and non-credit courses, in addition to payment and contractual issues.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on June 10, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year (4) institution of higher learning required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Three (3) years of relevant work experience in systems administration or the coordination of systems-related processes required.
• Experience working in an integrated computer-based-administrative-systems environment required.
• Strong customer-service philosophy and skills required.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required; strong problem solving and organization skills required.
• Strong technical skills to include the ability to use MS Word and MS Excel required.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in the implementation and coordination of processes and procedures required.
• Ability to respond effectively to issues and bring problems to resolution required.
• Ability to produce high-quality work with strong attention to detail required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment while working independently required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in managing employee information required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Three (3) years of relevant work experience in a higher education environment preferred.
• Banner preferred.
• Ability to produce reports utilizing an enterprise-wide software reporting tool preferred.