Program Director Position Concrete Industry Management Program College of Engineering, Computer Sci
The Position: The Concrete Industry Management Program in the College of Engineering, Computer Science and Construction Management (ECC) is seeking candidates for an associate professor (non-tenured with the ability to become tenured) to serve as the Program Director. The candidate selected to fill this position will be responsible for program leadership and selected administrative functions in addition to teaching one course per semester. This is a 12-month faculty position and will begin in August 2021.
Salary: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Initial Review Date: 06/25/21; complete applications received after that date may be considered. Position to remain open until filled.
How to Apply: Applicants must provide a current cover letter, (including how you have addressed, or plan to address teaching to diverse student groups), a CV, and contact information of three professional references. All applicants must apply online at: http://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/xxxx.
Applications submitted via email or in-person to the department will not be considered.
- a MS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related field, or an MBA with a focus on operations management.
- a minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in the concrete and/or commercial/civil construction industry in the US.
- successful experience in teaching at the college level.
- tenurable in one of the departments on campus.
- a PhD in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field
- administrative experience in academia
- a record of teaching that emphasizes hands-on, experiential, laboratory learning
- experience in the academic accreditation processes (ABET, ACCE, ATMAE, etc)
- active status with construction professional and trade associations
- management experience of multiple projects or higher levels of construction company management such as Project Manager, Project Executive or Vice President
- 5 years of teaching experience at the university level
- Demonstrate a successful record of publishing, teaching and/or scientific research
Responsibilities: This position carries the following responsibilities:
- liaising with the National Steering Committee (NSC) for CIM and local Chico CIM Patrons and CIM programs at other universities
- leading and administering the Concrete Industry Management program including supervising staff and faculty
- supporting fund raising efforts by the CIM Patrons and University Advancement
- supporting and nurturing the growth of the faculty in the areas of teaching, professional growth and development and service to the University and the community
- leading faculty in collaborative research efforts
- setting metrics and evaluating program staff
- evaluation of faculty
- student recruitment and retention with the goal of increasing the headcount of majors in the program to 200 within three to five years. The current headcount is approximately 90.
- curriculum management and facilitating accreditation of the program
- travel with students and other faculty to various professional conferences, trade shows, and student competitions at the regional and national level
- scholarship and professional development
- service to the program, university, and community. Service includes student advising, serving on academic committees and involvement in community service projects.
The Program: Concrete Industry Management (CIM) is one of only five such programs in the nation. This innovative program of study is drawn from the areas of construction management, business management, civil engineering and concrete production and practice. The College of ECC offers undergraduate degrees in construction management, concrete industry management, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, mechatronic engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, computer animation and game development and sustainable manufacturing. https://www.csuchico.edu/cim/