Director of Enterprise Services
Reporting to the Senior Director of Information Technology, the Director of Enterprise Services has responsibility for planning, implementing and administration of the College’s ERP and other information systems, as well as supporting constituents using college-supported software, applications, and databases. This position will build and lead a team responsible for setup, configuration, integration, maintenance and support of all enterprise applications. This position has direct oversight of the Database Administrator, Data Analyst, and System Administrators.
Given the need of interaction with employees and college community, this position requires in-person presence. This position is eligible for telework.
- Serves as the lead system administrator for the college’s enterprise information systems and assures adequate security and backup of systems and databases.
- Leads projects that develop, implement, and optimize information systems that support and enhance operational functions within college departments.
- Oversees the tier 3 back-end troubleshooting, testing, business process/workflow, requirements gathering, data extraction/transformation, reporting, data governance, training, security configuration, and integration design and development.
- Supervises the Database Administrator, Data Analyst, and System Administrators.
- Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Seeks feedback from users, then implements and/or recommends solutions and standards to meet those needs.
- Serves on committees and participates in meetings as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience 3-5 years experience with I.T. project management with preference given to those with DBA experience. Preference given to candidates with 5+ years of experience. Higher education experience preferred.
- Proficiencies: Demonstrated abilities to coordinate multiple schedules, assess priorities, and meet deadlines. Must exhibit excellent communication and writing/composition skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and proficiency in problem-solving
- Scheduling Requirements: Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 4:30. During critical periods schedule can vary sometimes requiring evening, Saturday, and Sunday work hour’s dependent on the needs of department.
- Physical Demands: Most of the position is sedentary. Requires frequent use of computer and repetitive hand motions for computer use.
- Other Requirements:
For best consideration please apply by June 10 2021