Associate/Full Professor in Health Administration
The Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, seeks a full-time, tenure-track faculty member at the associate professor level or higher to deliver teaching, research and service in health administration. We are seeking a leader who, in addition to being a senior faculty member, will have an administrative role in directing our health administration programs, by leading funded research and health administration instruction, including non-traditional, executive, online and other professional instruction, and by developing other areas of synergy within the Bloustein School. The ideal candidate will have a background in health administration or a related field and will already have tenure in their current (or most recent) academic institution. The school seeks candidates whose research, teaching, and/or service reflects a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Rutgers University-New Brunswick is a Big 10 university and a member of the AAU. The school has several highly ranked programs in the areas of city and regional planning, public policy, health administration, undergraduate public health, and related areas. Our research centers are a focal point of social and economic research on infrastructure, the built environment, the environment, and social inequalities. New and emerging cross-cutting focus areas are in data and analytics, and on the upstream determinants of health (Examples of the school’s research on upstream determinants of health can be found here (https://bloustein.rutgers.edu/centers/health-at-bloustein/). The Bloustein School values interdisciplinary scholars who teach and research across disciplines.
The candidate will carry out and grow a research agenda in his/her area of research, and will expand nationally competitive funded research in this space. The Bloustein School has a number of research centers in a range of areas that provide excellent venues for public health- and health administration-related research. We also expect that the candidate can serve as a faculty mentor and teach in both our undergraduate and graduate health administration programs, and be competent in innovative teaching modalities.
- A PhD in a health-related field from an accredited institution, with expertise in health administration;
- An established, internationally recognized research or practice profile with refereed research in high-impact journals and through national and international conference presentations;
- A demonstrated ability to secure peer-reviewed external grant funds and the ability to be a team leader on funded research supporting;
- Evidence of supervision of doctoral students and postdoctoral associates;
- Evidence of excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching
Selected candidates will also have:
- Demonstrated leadership by serving in administrative positions at the departmental and school levels, and evidence of starting new, or substantially enhancing research initiatives or degree programs.
- Ideally, the candidate will have leadership experience in professional organizations and the ability to network with external stakeholders, build community relationships, and communicate through new media and other sources.
- Demonstrated skills and hands-on experience with teaching, including an interest in non-traditional teaching such as online, certificate or executive training, and experience with accreditation.
- Familiarity with CAHME and MHA competency requirements, and AUPHA Undergraduate-HA certification criteria.
The School is committed to a diverse workforce and maintaining a learning and working environment that is welcoming to all. The standard teaching assignment is two courses each semester, including undergraduate and graduate courses but this can be reduced with assumption of administrative responsibilities including directing our health administration programs. Salaries and benefit packages and other forms of professional support offered by the university are competitive.
The Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy is a professional school offering a doctoral program in Planning and Public Policy; master’s degrees in Public Policy, Urban Planning and Policy Development, Urban and Public Informatics, and Health Administration; undergraduate degrees in Public Policy, Planning and Public Policy, Urban Planning and Design, Health Administration, and Public Health. The School has 14 research centers and institutes, and annually attracts approximately $15 to $20 million in external grants and contracts. The programs in urban planning, public policy, and public health are all highly ranked nationally.
The mission of Rutgers-New Brunswick is to apply the university’s outstanding strengths in research and teaching in service to the public good. The university is a dynamic and diverse center for research, technology innovation, public engagement and development, and is located in the heart of the Northeastern megalopolis with easy access to New York City and Philadelphia. It is one of the nation’s leading comprehensive public research universities, with annual research expenditures exceeding $700 million. For further information, visit the web site at http://bloustein.rutgers.edu.
If you have questions about the Bloustein School or this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rutgers is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer committed to expanding the educational diversity of its faculty and students and encourages applications from a broad variety of candidates.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a writing sample, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2020.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Brunswick
- Public Administration & Policy Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New Brunswick