Program Director for Averett Online Business Programs Non-Tenure Track
As a key partner in the Averett Online Business Plan for growth in the online program, the Program Director for Averett Online Business programs ensure that the programs are market relevant and poised from growth. The Program Director will also work to identify other high quality and market-sensitive programs for consideration as additional programs, including synergies with other online undergraduate and graduate programs
- Earned doctoral degree in Business Administration or related area from a regionally accredited program. Applicants at the ABD level with significant experience considered.
- An entrepreneurial and market-focused mindset for strengthening existing programs and planning new programs.
- Experience teaching, and work experience in a business field is highly desired.
- Significant experience with instructional technology and the use of an LMS.
- Experience setting goals and proven ability to meet them.
- Experience working in a goal-oriented environment.
Program directors for Averett Online programs are appointed or hired by the vice president for academic affairs and student success in consultation with faculty and staff related to the program. Averett Online program directors report to the department chair of the related department and have general oversight of course and program development, review and revision, on-line adjunct Faculty oversight, accreditation compliance, and additional administrative responsibilities as defined by the department chair and vice president for academic affairs and student success. Specific responsibilities include:
- Keeping abreast of subject areas, external trends, individual student needs, occupation areas and other discipline-specific information so that academic programs are current and relevant.
- Working collaboratively with the director of Director of Curriculum Services for Distance Education, instructional designers, and subject matters experts to develop, revise, and review courses in accordance with best practice.
- Participating in all kick-off meetings with the SME and instructional designer.
- Verifying that all course materials (textbooks, technology) are the most recent edition and are readily available in the AU bookstore.
- Verifying that course outcomes and course descriptions are correctly matched to official documents in the University Registrar’s Office.
- Assuring that discipline-specific competencies, program outcomes, and general education outcomes (if applicable) are included and linked to course outcomes.
- Confer with enrollment personnel, members of educational committees, external advisory groups, and the field of adult education to keep abreast of subject areas, external trends, individual student needs, occupational areas and discipline knowledge.
- Reviewing the Faculty Instructional Guides once completed for accurate instructional information (e.g., competencies, correctness of all content) and providing final approval for the course.
- Monitoring all on-line courses for compliance to the academic department’s standards of discussion, interaction, and feedback.
- Routinely coordinating with the director of curriculum services for distance learning in scheduling and planning changes to courses and programs.
- Providing oversight of all program assessment, including annual assessment of programs, 5-year program review, discipline-specific assessment requirements, and regional accreditation requirements.
- Provide leadership and oversight to all matters related to Faculty effectiveness.
- Position requires you to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, speak with clarity and have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities, or be able to perform these actions with reasonable accommodations provided
- Position requires irregular work hours including nights and weekends
- Some travel may be required… within Danville area, within Virginia, within region, nationally, internationally, depending on university needs.
- Collaborate with the other AU Online Program directors and the course design, marketing, student success and admissions staff in AU Online.
- Reports to the Chair of the Business Department.
Submit Letter of Interest, Current Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV), and 3 Professional References to:
Selection Committee, Vice President for Academic Affairs & Student Success Averett University, 420 West Main St., Danville, Virginia 24541
Email address: BusProgramDir@averett.edu
- Background checks are required for all positions.
- An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
- Averett University’s policies, programs and activities, including hiring practices, comply with federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression and veteran status.
- Averett University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.