Videographer & Media Production Associate
e-Learning: Videographer/Production Associate utilizes their expertise to enhance the Miami educational experience by helping to create engaging and innovative instructional videos. In this role, the Videographer/Production Associate will primarily be responsible for filming videos for online courses and programs in a variety of styles. This position serves as an integral member of the Miami Online Video Production team that is engaged in learning multimedia, learning innovation, and learning technology. The successful candidate is committed to a high standard of quality and is comfortable working independently and in a group setting. This position actively collaborates with members of the video production team and learning designers, to support their creation of quality learning media and promotional content. Position is a one-year appointment with the potential for renewal based on funding and performance.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Work closely with Miami Online Video Producers, Postproduction Specialists, and Learning Designers to create engaging content for online courses and programs, as well as marketing materials for the department.
- Collaborate on various aspects of video production, including concept and storyboard development, location scouting, lighting, filming, organizing, and archiving all video assets.
- Set up, light, and film videos on set and on location.
- Collaborate with producers to help plan the logistical details of video production work, including equipment and facility needs, location scouting, itinerary development, and more.
- Be comfortable shooting a variety of video styles - from marketing promos to instructional videos, to short documentary projects.
- Film independently and be comfortable leading a small production team, as needed.
- Be comfortable coaching on-screen talent, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability as a videographer/Director of Photography, including visual composition skills with the ability to create well-lit, compelling sets and collect clear audio.
- Research and develop creative techniques for filming instructional material via video.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, maintain deadlines, communicate consistently with producers and learning designers to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest quality control standards.
- Manage, maintain and organize all video equipment, including, but not limited to, cameras, lenses, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Ability to lift 50-60 pounds.
Required: Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience in video production; Demonstrated experience in all facets of video production, including concept development, location scouting, scheduling, talent management, filming, organizing, and archiving video assets; Expert-level proficiency using professional video equipment, including but not limited to digital video cameras, DSLR cameras, lenses, microphones, audio equipment, and lighting equipment; Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates with knowledge of video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, AVID, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, etc.; Experience with 360 video; Experience with mixed reality (VR, AR, etc.) video production; Experience in higher education, or equivalent; Experience working as a member of a video production team; Part 107 for commercial drone operation is a plus; Ability to work independently and on a team; Ability to think creatively and approach projects from a variety of angles; Maintain a positive attitude and be able to problem solve accordingly.
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/497047?lApplicationSubSourceID. Inquiries may be directed Ryan Baltrip at email@example.com. Screening of applications will begin June 7, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.