GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The position of Registrar is responsible for the maintenance, safekeeping, and data integrity of all student academic records. This position shall work in conjunction with other college administrators and students to resolve student scheduling conflicts. Familiarity with college academic policies and procedures in addition to graduation requirements and accreditation requirements as it pertains to student academic records for credit attribution. This position must be able to work with diverse groups and have exceptional communications skills. Attention to detail is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works collaboratively with other college administrators for the accurate reporting and recording of student academic achievement. Organizes, coordinates, and directs the day-to-day activities of the Registrar’s Office.
2. Reviews transcripts, maintains prerequisites, determines student’s graduation eligibility, transcripts and class rankings.
3. Oversees and troubleshoots the campus student information system including the development of degree audit through software analysis, process mapping, testing, training, and documentation. Assists in testing and provides recommendations for system enhancements.
4. Keeps abreast of current college policies and procedures regarding academics and advising students on how to meet graduation requirements. Resolves issues related to individual academic records and credit attribution.
5. Plans, conducts, and monitors student information systems; maintains and updates efficient student records systems in accordance with the policies or recommendations of the University and within FERPA guidelines.
6. Facilitates student movement through academic programs, ensuring records are kept properly. Develops, designs, and implements various procedures and processes to increase department efficiency and effectiveness.
7. Develops and manages the operational budget for the Office; oversees the processing of purchase orders; monitors expenditures.
8. Compiles data and prepares reports related to the assignment. Develops forms, correspondence, and informational materials for the Office.
9. Participates in a variety of committees and meetings related to the Registrar’s Office, with may involve travel outside of the University’s campuses.
10. Supervises the coordination, evaluation, and certification of all graduation applications, and oversees the graduation process.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Master's degree in Higher Education or Business preferred.