Research Assistant II
Seeking research assistant to support ongoing studies at the Heart Center. Responsible for performing responsible research work of complex nature that requires planning, completing and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
Performs responsible research work of a complex nature that requires establishing test methods and procedures as well as planning, completing, and occasionally supervising limited research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
- Supports ongoing studies in the congenital heart surgery research lab including; culture of endothelial cells, histology, flow cytometry, genomics and proteomics.
- Responsible for lab ordering, inventory management.
- Develops novel functional models to understand and characterize functional changes in response to pediatric heart diseases.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data to be used for the management and treatment of pediatric heart patients.
- Designs and conducts research experiments.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes the information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- May develop and modify computer programs.
- Oversees the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- Delegates to others in an effort to complete a project.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.