Visiting Assistant Professor: Civil Procedure for the Fall 2021 Semester
The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, located in Baltimore, is currently accepting applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor for the Fall 2021 semester to teach a day section of Civil Procedure (approximately 60 students) and/or an evening section of Civil Procedure (approximately 25-30 students). Civil procedure is a 4-credit required course for first year law students, covering jurisdictional concepts and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. The course would be taught in person. A full-time visiting position would involve teaching both a day and evening section of civil procedure; a part-time position would involve teaching one of these courses (either the day or evening section).
Law school campus: Maryland Carey law is advantageously located in downtown Baltimore near multiple courthouses, government agencies, prominent law and financial firms, major-league sports facilities, and nonprofit organizations. The law school campus also is easily accessible within the greater Washington DC-Baltimore metropolitan region, close to I-95 and only 40 minutes from Washington by Amtrak or commuter rail.
M inimum Qualifications:
- J.D. degree with a record of high academic achievement from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Experience teaching law school courses, preferably in civil procedure or another first year doctrinal course or other course related to litigation or procedural law.
To Apply: Online only before June 13 at http://www.umaryland.edu/jobs/ .
Interested applicants should submit (a) cover letter, (b) resume, (c) teaching evaluations and (d) the names and telephone numbers of at least three references.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu .
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request . You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu . Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Law & Legal Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Public Administration & Policy Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore