This position is responsible for all activities necessary to process and prepare payroll including the oversight of payroll administration and maintenance, monitoring pay registers, processing current and retroactive payroll calculations, additional compensation payments, general payroll troubleshooting and managing payroll controls. The Payroll Coordinator maintains department systems, procedures, payroll back-up, produces and distributes documents for payroll processes, and maintains compliance with University policies and all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. As an HR team member this position is also responsible for a wide-range of human resources functions including but not limited to interviewing, onboarding and retirement plan administration.
III. Essential Functions
1. Prepares and inputs bi-weekly payroll data for all faculty, associate faculty, staff and student payroll.
2. Processes pay increases, department transfers, and position changes.
3. Processes involuntary deductions, such as garnishments and wage levies.
4. Reconciles 403(b) retirement, ensures compliance with allowed contributions.
5. Calculates and records payroll deductions.
6. Maintains payroll information in compliance with record keeping requirements.
7. Provides guidance and assistance to faculty, staff and students.
8. Reviews and maintains payroll reports.
9. Facilitates the yearly distribution of W-2’s and annual payroll audit.
10. Oversees time and labor (attendance) reporting and approvals, generates payroll queries and reports and other information from the HR/payroll system.
11. Analyzes and presents data and researches information as requested.
12. Prepares salary survey and compensation analysis for IPEDS, CUPA-HR and other survey administrators.
13. Prepares journal entries for accounting to amend processed payroll entries.
14. Conducts new employee training, including orientation to ADP and Time and Attendance software.
15. Participates in the development and support of human resources programs and procedures.
16. Conducts new employee orientations.
17. Assists with benefits administration, including education and enrollment of staff and faculty.
18. Conducts interviews as assigned by the Assistant Director.
19. Participates in the planning, communication and execution of HR campus wide events
Knowledge: Bachelor’s, preferably in a subject area directly related to Human Resources or Payroll
Experience: 3 or more years of HR and payroll experience. Experience using Paycom software/services and performing data reporting and analysis using Paycom or other similar vendor products.
Skills/Aptitude: Must have thorough knowledge of general office practices and procedures. Ability to apply a wide variety of complex policies, procedures, programs, and applicable state and federal laws. Have excellent organization and time management skills and have the ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and be able to communicate effectively with diverse populations. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Be customer service focused. Perform mathematical calculations. Work independently; make sound decisions and recommendations. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs required.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references