Part-time Faculty Mathematics, Statistics and/or Data Science Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty Mathematics, Statistics and/or Data Science Instructor
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, and Germantown Campuses are currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Mathematics, Statistics, and/or Data Science. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not
constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment
and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may
teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester
and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no
more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned courses in the Mathematics, Statistics, and/or Data Science discipline. Courses may include introductory mathematics, Statistics, and/or Data Science courses or other courses as needed.
- Planning and preparing (development of instructional material, preparation of course syllabi, writing assignments, exams, etc.), presentation, and coordination of classroom instruction and related activities.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include daytime, evening, weekend and/or accelerated sections. Opportunities may exist to teach summer session classes.
- Follow guidelines from department course coordinators to ensure consistent content coverage and student experience across multiple sections of a course.
- Administer, grade and provide feedback in a timely manner to monitor student mastery and progress through a course.
- Meet college-established deadlines to submit student mid-term and final course grades.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Statistics, Data Science or a related major with relevant courses.
- Ability to teach in a multicultural setting.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Ph. D. in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Statistics, Data Science, or closely related field.
- Prior college level teaching experience in Mathematics, Statistics, or Data Science courses.
- One semester of teaching experience.
- Online applications must be received by July 29, 2021
- For consideration, you must: (Optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateThursday, July 29, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Statistics Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville