Part-time Faculty Adult ESOL & Literacy Instructors
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty Adult ESOL & Literacy Instructors
Job Description Summary
The Adult ESOL & Literacy – Grant (AELG) Program at Montgomery College is seeking part-time Adult ESOL and Literacy faculty members for various sites across Montgomery County, days, evenings or weekends. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The AELG Program provides extensive professional development with stipends for workshops and trainings, meetings and in-services. If you are skilled, extremely flexible, and want to change lives, please apply online today!
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
This position is contingent upon grant funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faculty member will be expected to teach Adult ESOL, Literacy or Civics ESOL classes.
- Faculty members will abide to program policies and procedures.
- Faculty members will participate in training sessions prior to the class start date.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience teaching ESOL for a minimum of two years.
- Experience working with a diverse student population.
- Training in teaching ESOL.
- Proven experience in delivery of high quality instruction to limited literacy and language populations.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- A Master’s Degree in TESOL or Education with coursework in ESOL Methodology and/or Second Language Acquisition .
- Completion of a TESOL certificate program.
- Teaching experience in Adult or Vocational ESOL.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by June 26, 2021
- For consideration, you must: (Optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateSaturday, June 26, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.