Accreditation Manager (OPS)
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Accreditation Manager (OPS)
Job Description Summary
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Accreditation Manager (OPS) in the University Police Department.
The Accreditation Manager is responsible for managing the Florida law enforcement accreditation process (CFA) for the Florida Polytechnic University Police Department. The work involves maintaining a written directive system of General Orders and other directives, ensuring the written directives are compliant with CFA accreditation standards, gathering documentation of departmental operations and process to show compliance with standards, and scheduling time-sensitive standards for completion within specified timeframes. This position is a temporary, OPS position.
- Maintains agency policy manual and historical record of amended policies.
- Maintains report files for re-accreditation, sends out organized monthly reminders to each division, of reports due under the authority of the Deputy Chief of Police.
- Maintains all files as required by the Accreditation authorities, under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Police.
- Inputs information in the computer as necessary to maintain current policies and/or procedures.
- Conducts briefings with the Deputy Chief of Police. Receives direction from the Deputy Chief of Police and acts accordingly. Carries out any other tasks requested by the Deputy Chief of Police not necessarily outlined in these duties.
- Arranges to meet all deadlines by prioritizing and organizing ways to meet those deadlines.
- Is alert of conditions or situations, which inhibit efficient operation of the agency and make recommendations for solutions.
- Utilizes the PowerDMS software program to enter and track accreditation activities.
- Maintains training files and publishes monthly training bulletins to all members of the department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the total accreditation process
- Knowledge of University and departmental policies, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and equipment used in police work, including administrative investigations.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws or ordinances, rules of evidence, laws regarding search and seizure, and laws regarding administrative/personnel procedures.
- Utilizing Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Using Adobe Acrobat
- Written and oral communications.
- Perform critical thinking, analytical thinking, and project management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other University employees, and the public.
- Ability to communicate via email or telephone.
- Ability to communicate with the general public and department members such as providing guidance, giving technical direction, explaining, or interpreting policy and accreditation standards, etc.
- Ability to speak publicly on a variety of topics related to the accreditation process.
- Ability to foster cooperation between department personnel and be able to create an acceptable attitude among all members/appointees.
- Graduation from a four (4) year college or university with a concentration in law enforcement, business, public administration, or related field.
- Two (2) years experience in the law enforcement field and experience with CFA or a similar accreditation process from a comparable state;
- Or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, and other competencies necessary for success in the target position.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must maintain a valid telephone number.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is hourly OPS (Temporary). The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, may be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of taste, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
HIRING SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled; however, a review of applications will commence immediately.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
- Cover Letter
- List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Lakeland
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Lakeland
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Lakeland
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Lakeland
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Lakeland