Vice Provost for Student Affairs
Committed to equity and excellence, the University of Southern Maine is seeking its next visionary Student Affairs leader as it begins to implement its new Next Five Years plan and continues to achieve the Four Pillars of Vision 2028, its Academic Vision for this decade.
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer and Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs, the Vice Provost for Student Affairs will sit on the Provost's Leadership Team and will supervise the Dean of Students/Ombudsperson, the Assistant Provost for Student Affairs, the Director of Residence Life and Housing, the Director of Student Engagement and Leadership, and the Director of Intercultural Student Affairs.
The Vice Provost for Student Affairs will be instrumental in retention and completion efforts at the university. The successful candidate will work closely with Student Affairs and Academic Affairs leaders to revise and expand orientation and transitional programs and will support the enhancement of learning outcomes across Student Affairs. Finally, the Vice Provost for Student Affairs will be instrumental in making sure USM achieves its service promise, "Student Focused Every Day," and its service values: "Respect & Care, Integrity, Equity, and Responsiveness."
This office is located on the Portland campus and serves three unique and diverse campuses – Portland, Gorham and Lewiston/Auburn.
We are committed to building a culturally diverse team of leaders, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants who are multilingual. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
For a complete job description, click here.
- Master’s degree in a related field (terminal degree preferred) or international degree equivalency
- Five years of increasing/progressive management/leadership experience in higher education and/or student affairs
- Experience working with diverse populations and deep understanding of the importance of equity, inclusion, and belonging in higher education
- Experience in the supervision of professional personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Strong organizational, administrative, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with higher education federal regulations
Annual Salary: Up to $115K
The University of Southern Maine provides a highly competitive benefits package that includes: holidays, vacation and sick time; health, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; short and long term disability insurance; a tuition waiver program for employee and eligible dependents; a 403(b) retirement plan; and more.
- Apply online at https://usm.hiretouch.com/view-all-jobs You will create an applicant profile and complete an application. You will need to upload a cover letter that includes an answer to “What diversity, equity and inclusion, and belonging mean to you and why they are important in this work” and your resume/curriculum vitae.
- All required materials must be submitted by June 27, 2021. We are not able to consider applicants who require Visa sponsorship support.
- Appropriate background checks will be conducted on the successful candidate.
The University of Southern Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, please contact: Equal Opportunity Office, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).