Program Specialist I - Early Childhood Education (ECE)
Are you interested in creating an amazing educational environment for students who are part of an equity driven community? Staff at Cabrillo College support quality programs and services to students that promote their diverse and evolving needs as they progress toward their individual educational goals. Come join us in our vision to improve the world, one student at a time!
This part-time, (50%) 10-months per year, Program Specialist provides a variety of administrative and program support services to various College programs, students and clientele
The ideal candidate will share Cabrillo's commitment to educating its racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse student population. Cabrillo College serves approximately 11,400 students per term, of which 44% are LatinX, 5% multi-ethnic, 2.75% Asian, 1.25% African-American, 1% Filipino, 0.25% American Indian or Alaskan Native, and 0.18% Pacific Islander as of Fall 2019. In 2006, Cabrillo College was designated a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community.
As a classified staff member at Cabrillo College, you will join a vibrant community of professionals and educators working together to provide a positive educational environment where our students experience diverse academic and cultural perspectives.
Examples of Duties
- Provides administrative and program support services to the Early Childhood Education department
- Provides information and assistance to students, potential students, clients and the public regarding program requirements and services
- Assists students with various College and outside agency procedures such as registration and completion of forms and documents
- Provides students with specific program resources, such as interpreters
- Provides support to an off-site College facility and staff
- Provides information to the public, students and College staff that requires the use of judgment and the interpretation of policies, rules and procedures
- Coordinates services with and refers students to other College staff and programs and to community support agencies, appropriate state and local regulatory or licensing agencies and other public groups
- Monitors budget allocations and expenditures, maintains financial and statistical records and prepares financial reports
- Assists in developing program budgets, objectives and procedures within College guidelines
- Monitors activity compliance with College policies and federal and state regulations
- Researches and assembles information from a variety of sources for the completion of forms or the preparation of various files
- Maintains records and identifies and resolves discrepancies
- Operates standard office equipment
- Enters and retrieves data and prepares periodic and special reports, correspondence and other written materials using a computer and various software such as, email, word processing, spreadsheets, databases and website management
- Recruits, interviews and recommends selection of student assistants and other part-time support staff
- Assigns and directs work and instructs such assistants in work procedures
- May handle and balance program monies
- May coordinate class schedule information and facility use for the Early Childhood Education Department, and will work closely with ECE Department Chair
- Performs related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience:
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation, of community college students, faculty and staff, AND
- Graduation from, or equivalent to graduation from, high school AND *three (3) years of general clerical support or s ecretarial office assistant experience
*NOTE: Education may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Knowledge of :
- Basic functions and programs of a community college or similar educational setting
- Program administration principles, including work organization and budget administration
- Operation of computer equipment and various software applications
- Applicable federal, state and College laws, rules and regulations
- Governmental, community and social service organizations and their functions
- The needs and sensitivities of minoritized student populations
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of office equipment
- Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Applying and explaining relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Analyzing problems, evaluating alternatives and making sound recommendations
- Coordinating multiple projects and meeting critical deadlines
- Exercising sound judgment within established guidelines
- Preparing clear, concise and complete records and other written materials
- Maintaining accurate records and files
- Maintaining confidentiality of information
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Operating a keyboard with sufficient skill to enter data into a computer and producing correspondence, reports and other written materials using various software such as email, word processing, spreadsheet, databases, and website management
- College, technical or business school coursework in the program area of assignment.
- Specified positions may require a valid California driver's license
Starting Salary Range: $1,515 to $1,670 per month; maximum initial salary step placement on the classified salary schedule is step 3. This is a p art-time, 50 % assignment, 10 months per year. Monday through Friday, work hours to be determined with evenings and weekends as required. Position scheduled to begin as soon as possible, pending continued categorical funding and Governing Board ratification. Salary is subject to proration based on beginning date of assignment.
This part-time assignment is not eligible for insurance-related benefits or PERS retirement benefits.
- Completed application
- Answer all Supplemental Questions
Only completed applications with the above required documents will be reviewed by the committee. Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be reviewed. Remove personally identifiable information such as personal photos, social security number, birth date, age, and gender from your application materials. Expenses related to the recruitment process are the responsibility of the applicant. Cabrillo is unable to sponsor work visas. A position eligibility pool may be established in order to fill other full-time, part-time, or substitute assignments as needs arise.
A search committee will review and invite applicants for an interview. Meeting the posted requirements does not guarantee an interview. A written performance exercise and/or presentation may be a part of the interview, and finalists may be invited to return for a second interview. All notifications will be via email, and can also be accessed through your application profile.
Conditions of Employment
Selected candidates given a conditional offer of employment are required to submit tuberculosis screening clearance results, proof of eligibility to work in the United States, and present their Social Security card upon hire (for payroll purposes).
Cabrillo College is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of qualified applicants. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from all persons. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, medical conditions, status or protected veteran status.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Aptos
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Aptos
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Aptos
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Aptos
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Aptos