Part-time A/V Technician
The Audio Visual Technician assists with the setup and operation of audiovisual equipment for classes, conferences, and special events at the Washington College of Law. The Technician also provides support to students, faculty and staff by answering the phone, responding to emails, and creating support tickets.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Assisting with classroom and event support
- Recording of classes and events
- Assisting faculty with in-classroom AV needs
- Troubleshooting AV equipment and replacing defective or malfunctioning parts
- Video production projects, including interviews and instructional videos
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Weekends a must
Required Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Excellent customer service, organization, communication, and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of video recording techniques, and a basic understanding of signal flow for both audio and video
- Familiarity with Final Cut Pro X
- Working knowledge of Mac and PC computers
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous AV experience or a background in audio technology or visual media
- Familiarity with Mac and PC computers, projection systems, PA systems, video cameras, digital audio recorders, as well as basic and advanced control systems
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Communications Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Media Studies Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.