Part-time Advanced Practice Clinician
The Advanced Practice Clinician (APC) provides comprehensive outpatient care to American University students within the scope of practice of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant licensed in the District of Columbia. S/he examines, evaluates, diagnoses and treats acute and chronic conditions in a concise and expeditious manner according to established standards of care. The Advanced Practice Clinician assesses, interprets, and evaluates patient status, develops health care plans, and initiates patient communication and education as well as referral and urgent care. S/he consults with the Medical Director and provides guidance for nursing staff and ancillary employees. The Advanced Practice Clinician follows the guidelines and standards established by the AAAHC accreditation body in order to maintain the Center’s accreditation, and collaborates with Center clinicians to ensure best practice clinical service delivery. S/he participates in health education and health promotion programming, quality improvement activities, and peer review. This is a part-time position of 8-27 hours per week.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Part-time position (8-27 hours per week)
Required Education and Experience
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, or license-eligible, in the District of Columbia
- Nurse Practitioner: Board certification by the AANP or ANCC as a family nurse practitioner, adult nurse practitioner, or women’s health/adult practitioner
- Physician Assistant: Certification by the NCCPA
- Possess and maintain a valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) license and controlled substances number to prescribe controlled substances Minimum Requirements
- 2 years’ experience required Experience with women’s healthcare and health education
- Proven ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to manage multiple, competing priorities; demonstrated computer proficiency including personal productivity software and electronic medical record systems; strong analytical skills; and excellent communication skills
- Professional practice style compatible with a multi-disciplinary team and supportive of the university’s mission
- Must have highest standards of integrity and ethics in both performance and behavior
- Desire and appreciation for work in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Student service orientation with experience working with diverse populations
- Experience in college health or with a college-age population
- Experience with an electronic medical record system
- Experience with quality improvement and peer review activities
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- The Clinician must be able to work collaboratively with the Medical Director, University Physician and other Advanced Practice Clinicians.
- This position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to discuss medical information with patients in an understandable manner with a high degree of tact.
- The ability to coach and mentor nurses and medical assistants is important.
- The Advanced Practice Clinician serves as part of a multidisciplinary team providing primary healthcare services to undergraduate, graduate, and law students of American University.
- The Center accommodates approximately 15,000 healthcare visits per year.
- The hours per week for this position are flexible and may be 8-27 hours per week, depending on the health center’s need and the Clinician’s availability.
- There may be some evening hours (until 8pm required)
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Nursing Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Washington D.C.