Fiscal Analyst 3
The Fiscal Analyst 3 position is responsible for maintaining the Chart of Accounts in the Banner Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) accounting general ledger system, maintaining the interface to the State reporting system and monthly State reporting and reconciliations. This position will be the main point of contact for complying with all changes needed with the conversion of the State to its new reporting system. This position is responsible for the complex GASB pension and OPEB accounting, year-end footnote and RSI reporting requirements and interfacing with the auditors on the pension and OPEB reported amounts. This position reviews, analyzes and reconciles all general ledger balance sheet accounts and works with departments to understand the corrections needed.
Reviews and Maintains Accounting System Processes:
- Maintains the Journal Voucher approval queues.
- Maintains vendor direct deposit records as well as bank routing numbers in University’s ERP.
- Reviews all submissions for maintenance to the chart of accounts in the University’s ERP, for appropriate approvals and consistency; adding or changing records when fully approved and determining effect upon state reporting interface.
- Maintains tables in Banner Finance for translating the University’s accounting data into the format required for passing to the State’s accounting system.
Performs Month-end and Year-end Analytical Accounting, Reconciliation and Reporting Functions:
- Reconciles and records adjustments to the statewide Agency Financial Reporting System (AFRS), including monthly transmittal and reconciliation of the AFRS financial information with the university’s accounting records, and preparation of adjusting entries at year end to properly reflect GAAP in recording the university’s activities under governmental accounting principles
- Serves as main point of contact for implementing changes required regarding transmittal changes in reporting to the state with the state conversion to a new reporting system.
- Works with IT staff regarding changes in the crosswalk from Banner to AFRS and additional changes needed with the new state accounting system upon conversion.
- Calculates annual figures for services provided to the Alumni Association and the Western Washington University Foundation, prepare accounting entries required and work with the auditors regarding their understanding of the figures.
- Works with IT staff to determine financial report necessity and assist in design of needed reports.
- Serves as back-up for other Fiscal Analyst 3 positions including: GET money request; monthly bank reconciliations; cash requests; reviewing and requesting corrective action on ACH returns and Positive Pay fails; various annual surveys; clearing the RJE chart (Chart 8).
- Performs GASB 67 & 68 Pension accounting, reconciliations and analysis, prepare audit schedules, footnotes and RSI tables for auditors and year-end financial statement presentation.
- Performs GASB 75 OPEB accounting, reconciliations and analysis, prepare audit schedules, footnotes and RSI tables for auditors and year-end financial statement presentation.
- Assists with preparation of IPEDs Survey and other ratio reporting where Pension and OPEB adjustment figures are required
- Reviews, analyzes, and reconciles general ledger accounts and works with departments to understand the corrections needed.
- Coordinates fiscal procedures with Associate Director to determine methods of improving fiscal procedures and reporting services provided.
- Trains the University in financial methods and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, which includes 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in accounting, auditing, or closely related field and one to two years of relevant professional experience. Professional experience may substitute for education, but not usually for the credit hours.
- Two years of experience reconciling general ledger accounts and/or subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger.
- Two years of analytical experience in an accounting setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in applying basic accounting principles.
- Demonstrated high level of accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds as a member of an inclusive team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to communicate accounting concepts to non-accountants in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in fund accounting and/or accounting for colleges and universities.
- Experience with AFRS reporting to the State.
- Experience with GASB 67/68 Pension and GASB 75 OPEB accounting.
- CPA certification.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner System.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Bellingham
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Bellingham
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Bellingham
- Financial Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Bellingham