Provide administrative, operational and office management support to the Medical Director, the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), and the Center for Health Promotion Program Director to include responsibility for fiscal management of the budget, coordination of office affairs and the supervision of support staff within the Center for Counseling, Health & Wellness. Assist the Directors in identifying priorities in patient/client care, patient/client support and ancillary services and ensure the consistent integration of patient/client care and support functions throughout the Center for Counseling, Health & Wellness. Serve on the Counseling Health and Wellness Management Team charged with focusing on integration and providing strategic direction for the center. Administer the integrated electronic medical record system to include primary responsibility for system configuration and access control. Assist with responses to public health issues and to student and parent concerns. Coordinate the office operations and prepare and process hiring/recruiting efforts, staff contracts, personnel actions, and other supporting documentation. Serve as the liaison with a variety of campus offices, accrediting agencies, medical facilities, insurance companies, and vendors. Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of all office records and files.
- Assist the Directors in identifying priorities in patient/client care, patient/client support, and ancillary services, and ensure the consistent integration of patient/client care and support functions throughout the Canter for Counseling, Health & Wellness.
- Assist the Directors in identifying policy/procedure issues and or concerns and make recommendations for changes or improvements to include development and review of clinical policies & procedures.
- Participate in management decision making and strategic planning efforts, P&P implementation, and outcome assessments. Provide senior level analysis and recommendations.
- Administer the Integrated Electronic Medical Record System to include primary responsibility for system configuration, parameters, and access control.
- Assume the role of HIPPA privacy official to ensure compliance with privacy regulations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, NYS DOH requirements, accreditation standards, and College policies and procedures.
- Assume a leadership role in identifying and implementing quality improvement programs, accreditation, and disaster planning.
- Respond to questions and complaints from students & families, directly and in writing regarding the Centers’ patient/client care and patient/client support policies and procedures.
- Serve as liaison with insurance brokers and the appropriate College personnel regarding student group health insurance contracts. In consultation with the Director, review plans and make recommendations.
- Assist the Directors in developing the annual budget; collect and organize necessary budgetary information from the Center for Health Promotion, CAPS, and Hammond Health Center. Assume responsibility for the fiscal management of the Center for Counseling, Health & Wellness budget to include monitoring, verifying and reconciling expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Secure approval for the purchase of items and services; oversee the posting of expenses and maintain monthly review of budget expenditures; prepare related monthly billings. Communicate with appropriate personnel the correct procedure for utilizing departmental funds.
- Manage & integrate purchasing, inventory control, and budget administration.
- Supervise the support staff within the Center for Counseling, Health and Wellness and other staff assigned to the Hammond Health Center as appropriate. Manage various personnel actions to include, but not limited to, hiring, merit recommendations, vacation schedules and dismissals; monitor work performance for accuracy and completeness; authorize time cards.
- Maintain all personnel records as needed to meet accreditation requirements for the Center for Counseling, Health & Wellness to include, clinician credentialing files, annual performance reviews, merit increases, current licensures, malpractice insurance documents, applications/resumes and job offer/termination letters, and orientation checklists. Ensure confidentiality of all information contained within files.
- Prepare and process contracts.
- Perform personnel actions in the College human resource system, and other supporting documentation, to include assisting with the annual salary review process; offer recommendations regarding increments, prepare and update the increment worksheets as needed, assist with preparation of increment notification letters.
- Coordinate training and development opportunities for staff within the Center for Counseling, Health & Wellness.
- Coordinate the activities of internal committees such as Formulary, Quality Management & Improvement, and Clinic Efficiency. Facilitate and assist in resolving complex issues identified by the committees.
- Represent the Directors and the Center for Counseling, Health & Wellness on committees and at various functions as required.
- Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor’s degree and previous health care facility management experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience, excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, demonstrated supervisory experience, extensive knowledge of various word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications to include electronic medical records, proven ability to handle and process highly sensitive and confidential information, extensive experience preparing, maintaining and reconciling complex budgets are required. Sound knowledge of health care delivery systems, clinical operations, and strategic planning in a health care environment and a Human Resources background/orientation is strongly preferred.
Interested applicants must apply online at ithaca.edu/jobs and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online applications should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Ithaca