Physician-Wound Care Specialist -133
West Virginia University School of Medicine and the WVU Heart & Vascular Institute are actively recruiting a Wound Care Specialist at J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, WV. This position will be responsible for both inpatient and outpatient wound services including wound consults and treating patients in the clinic.
Our multidisciplinary wound care team offers a comprehensive approach to treating wounds. Our staff includes specially trained physicians, physical and occupational therapists, lymphedema therapist, and certified wound advanced practice providers.
- Prefer experience with hyperbaric chambers
- Will be second physician provider and supported by team of APPs.
- Provides inpatient and outpatient treatment of wounds.
WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. WVU Medicine is an 11-hospital $ 2.5 billion integrated health care delivery system anchored by a 700-bed academic medical center that offers quaternary care. WVU Medicine has 1,580 active medical staff members and 18,395 employees who serve hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
Morgantown, West Virginia is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate. We are located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh, PA and three hours from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment. There is also an excellent school system, an abundance of beautiful homes, and recreational activities such as hiking, biking, skiing, white-water rafting, and many others.
Successful candidates must have an MD or DO degree (the employer accepts foreign educational equivalent) and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license. Candidates must be board-certified, or board eligible in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine. For appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank, a demonstrated track-record of leadership, excellent communication skills, and publications in high-impact journals are required. All qualifications must be met by the time of appointment.
Build your legacy as you serve, teach, learn and make a difference from day one. To learn more about the Department visit or submit your CV directly to Pam Furbee, Sr. Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)