Director, Health Care Admin (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery)
Director, Health Care Admin (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery)
Reporting to the Chair of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, the incumbent in this position serves as the chief administrative and financial officer for the department. The Department Administrator (DA) is responsible, directly or through middle management staff, for directing and managing the administrative, and fiscal activities of the department in support of advancing the tripartite mission – patient care, research, and education – at UF Health in Jacksonville. In conjunction with the Chair, the DA sets departmental goals and objectives that are aligned with those of UF Health enterprise as well as managing the department's relationship with leaders of the College of Medicine- Jacksonville (UFCOM-J), University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians, Inc. (UFJPI), and UF Health Jacksonville hospital.
The UF COM-J is the largest of the three UF colleges — medicine, nursing and pharmacy — located on the approximately 110-acre UF Health Jacksonville campus. The college's 16 clinical science departments house more than 450 faculty members and 380 residents and fellows. The faculty physicians of the department of oral and maxillofacial surgery perform the entire spectrum of traditional and contemporary oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMS). We offer a comprehensive facial trauma and reconstruction practice, pediatric craniomaxillofacial surgery, facial aesthetic surgery, TMJ and corrective jaw surgery, head and neck oncology and microvascular rehabilitation and reconstruction of head and neck defects. The department offers a six-year residency program which leads to a medical degree and a certificate in oral and maxillofacial surgery; two-post graduate fellowships; clerkship for medicals students and externship opportunities for dental students.
Manages the financial resources of the department to include budget and funds from federal, state, practice plan, University, and Foundation sources: Key financial/budgetary responsibilities include:
- Prepares and administers the operating budget for the department.
- Financial performance of clinical goals.
- Conducts current and historical review of clinical charges, payer mix, collection rates, refunds, changes in physician practice patterns, and collections.
- Financial forecasting for short-term and/or long-term planning
- Analysis of grant and contract income, and Foundation funds.
- Analysis and management of staffing levels, operating expenses and capital equipment.
- Management of faculty wRVU targets and effort assignments.
- Financial reporting
University of Florida Jacksonville Physicians, Inc. (Practice Plan) and UF Health Jacksonville (Hospital) Clinical Operations
The incumbent in this position will work in close collaboration with hospital and practice plan leadership in managing the department’s clinical operations. Key clinical operations management responsibilities:
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Education and Compliance
- Drives operational integration of programs by ensuring alignment with overall institutional goals.
- Provides decision support tools and analytic support through use of clinical data
Department Administrative Responsibilities
Manages department operations to ensure the day-to-day and cyclic requirements are met; plans, resources, and monitors programmatic activities; prepares reports. Key department management responsibilities:
- Effectively represents department leadership to faculty in regular meetings and daily interactions.
- Fosters a culture of collaboration, partnership, and excellence (values quality, service, and team-work)
- Compliance (departmental, college, university, state, and federal policies)
- Capital and IT needs
- Efficiently manages the use of all clinical, research and administrative space
- Relationship building and partnering with college, practice plan, and hospital stakeholders.
- Fosters a culture of diversity, inclusion and fairness
- Overall Departmental staffing needs and requirements
Academic/HR Administration Responsibilities
In partnership with the Office of Administrative Affairs, manages the academic and human resources of the department, to include the faculty and the department staff, in accordance with University of Florida and College of Medicine policy and procedures. Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning in recruitment/retention of faculty and staff
- Academic HR including faculty appointments, onboarding, medical staff credentialing
- Faculty compensation in line with departmental, and AAMC benchmarks.
- Faculty productivity in line with CPSC benchmarks
- Oversees faculty promotion and tenure (P&T) process
- Department policies in line with college, university, and state guidelines.
- Proactively identifies faculty concerns and issues, and partner with the Chair for appropriate timely resolution
- Regularly meets with all employees to promote communication and build productive relationships
Research Administrative Responsibilities
Partners with the Chair to develop (and refine as necessary) a vision and strategic plan for research to serve the larger mission of the Department and the College of Medicine. Key research management responsibilities:
- Partnering with the Office of Research Affairs to hire, onboard and manage research related staff for the department.
- Monitors grant and contract expenditures
- Provide reports and statistics for strategic planning
Marketing/Business Outreach/Business Development
Works effectively with faculty and leadership to develop programs, services and initiatives to anticipate future customer needs, build customer loyalty and generate profitable growth. Key responsibilities include:
Develops and participates in the analysis and evaluation of strategic business plans, feasibility studies, market assessment, marketing plans, data gathering, and presentation of written reports on prospective new clinical programs and opportunities for enhanced revenue
- Effective and regular communication on the patient experience, quality of care and service
- Manages routine and crisis communications throughout the department/entity/community as they arise.
- Seeks and develops entrepreneurial opportunities for the department.
- Development and Advancement activities
- Build productive business and community partnerships to advance patient care, research and educational programs
$100,000. As a University of Florida employee, you will be eligible for a great benefits and rewards package. For more information, please visit https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/my-benefits/explore/eligibility/teams-usps/
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience.
Strong leadership skills and ability to gain the confidence of faculty, staff, leaders, colleagues, and understand and recognize the academic health center’s multiple (and often conflicting) missions of teaching, research, clinical service delivery, and public service.
Progressive responsible experience in healthcare administrative management, to include proficiency in budgeting, contracts and grants, personnel supervision, and space and facilities management.
Adaptability to continually changing work priorities and business methods.
Knowledge of comparable institutional and organizational skills.
The incumbent in this position must be able to demonstrate initiative, self-management and judgment, foresight, analytical problem-solving capabilities, and acceptance of full responsibility and accountability for all personal actions.
Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with people of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, styles, and beliefs. Treats everyone with respect and dignity.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Background Check is Required.
In order to be considered, you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and 3 References.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Surgery Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge