Senior Director, Finance and Business Affairs, Foundation
Senior Director, Finance and Business Affairs, Foundation
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$110,000.00 – $176,000.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$52.88 per hour
$ 200.00 Monthly
Responsible for the integrity of the Foundation’s business/financial reports and operations. Oversees business operations to assure maximum efficiencies and effectiveness. Monitors legal and tax issues to non-profit, fund accounting; analyzes Foundation programs and recommends enhancements. Supervises the capital investment firm(s). Serves as Foundation staff resource in Vice Chancellor, Workforce and Advancement’s absence.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Demonstrates outstanding strategic thinking skills with the ability to build, communicate and effectively execute organizational and/or departmental vision and strategic goals.
· Knowledgeable of state and/or federal guidelines and regulations, within assigned area of responsibility, that may affect how business is done within the organization.
· Must be able to keep up to date on best practices and technological changes within the market in assigned area of responsibility.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-change organization, work autonomously and in a team environment, and be flexible in a dynamic role.
· Strong work ethic and dedication to high standards of excellence.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize assignments amidst opposing, high leverage, high-impact priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
· High level of analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze data and make sound recommendations.
· Ability to build and maintain working relationships with diverse stakeholders and constituents internal/external to the organization to identify and understand problems/issues and/or obtain multiple perspectives toward problem resolution.
· Ability to provide information effectively and make presentations formally or informally to an individual or in a group setting.
· Ability to establish program goals and objectives that support the strategic plan ensuring goals, purpose and criteria for success are clearly defined.
· Ability to develop reasonable performance standards and ways of evaluating outcomes.
· Able to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
· Must be able to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
· Demonstrates interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills to engage effectively with individuals from diverse, multicultural backgrounds.
· Ability to work cross-functionally with other constituents to implement operational strategies or new processes to improve the client/student experience and provide excellent customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Master’s Degree with three (3) years of work-related experience. Official transcripts are required.
· Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for overseeing the development and administration of the Foundation’s public and private budgets, projects income and expenditures.
· Analyzes and coordinates budget development.
· Monitors and controls expenditures within guidelines established both by the DCCCD and Foundation Board policies and limitations of budget allocation.
· Manages business functions of the Foundation including, but not limited to, contracts, technology, equipment, etc.
· Collaborates, builds, and maintains working relationships with diverse, multicultural internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College network community.
· Serves as lead staff in identifying and developing on-going improvements to process support for Dallas College.
· Analyzes and recommends action on a variety of financial and program reports to be distributed to the Associate Vice Chancellor, Chancellor, Colleges, Foundation and Dallas College Boards, auditors, donors, and other audiences.
· Responsible for development of estate planning program for donors of the Foundation.
· Supervises staff responsible for financial transactions, record keeping and report preparation/reconciliation.
· Uses excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills when interacting Dallas College staff and external constituents and stakeholders.
· Completes required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
· Performs other job duties as requires.
Reports to: Vice Chancellor, Workforce & Advancement
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 26 May 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 10 Jun 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas