Part Time Instructor for Simulation
Job Title Part Time Instructor for Simulation Position Title Part Time Instructor for Simulation Position Number Job Category University Faculty Job Type Part-Time FLSA Status Non-Exempt Campus Maywood-Health Sciences & Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campuses Location Code SCHOOL OF NURSING (02400A) Department Name SCHOOL OF NURSING Is this split and/or fully grant funded? No Duties and Responsibilities
1.Respects and communicates the dignity, worth, and culture of students, faculty, colleagues, peers, staff, patients, families, and communities.
2.Maintains ethical standards of the profession of nursing and the University.
3.Adheres to state and federal laws (i.e., privacy, confidentiality, and reporting of student and patient information).
4.Communicates effectively with students and colleagues.
5.Prepares in advance for simulation and laboratory learning sessions.
6. Assists students in learning skills and competencies in simulation and laboratory learning environments; assists students with transfer, utilization, and synthesis of previous knowledge.
7. Assumes teaching responsibilities, including remediation of students, in simulation and laboratory learning environments.
8. Provides physical and emotional environment conducive to effective teaching and learning.
9. Available to students as appropriate for her/his teaching assignment needs, and remediation activities as needed.
10. Uses a variety of methods to assist students in achieving course, simulation learning, and laboratory learning outcomes and objectives.
11. Maintains satisfactory relationships.
12. Participates in the evaluation of the effectiveness of simulation and laboratory learning experiences.
13. Demonstrates ability to teach effectively in laboratory and simulation learning environments, including pre-briefing and debriefing.
14. Demonstrates enthusiasm for teaching and nursing.
15. Maintains satisfactory working relationships with colleagues within the School of Nursing.
16. Evaluates data from students and colleagues regarding own strengths and weaknesses for improvement of teaching. Seeks consultation as needed.
17. Facilitates students’ entry into professional role.
18. Maintains an advanced level of practice in a well-defined area of expertise.
19. Maintains certification in an area of expertise.
20. Implements a systematic plan for maintaining and improving clinical and simulation teaching expertise.
21. Updates skills and knowledge by attending workshops, classes, and symposia related to practice interest, simulation, and laboratory learning.
Required qualifications include:
1) Master’s Degree with a major in Nursing, Doctoral Degree preferred
2) Current state of Illinois Registered Professional Nurse License.
Preferred qualifications include:
1) Teaching experience in laboratory and simulation environments.
Competency in teaching may be demonstrated through a teaching practicum.
2) Minimum of two years RN experience in area of specialization with certification, if available.
Physical Demands None Working Conditions None Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Open Date 05/14/2021 Close Date Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will be ongoing.
Applicants are asked to submit (1) a letter of interest, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) copy of the graduate degree transcript, and (4) the names and contact information of three individuals prepared to provide professional references. Direct applications to: https://www.careers.luc.edu . Make inquiries to: Dr. Carol Kostovich email@example.com), Associate Professor and Assistant Dean of Innovative Educational Strategies and Simulation. Loyola University Chicago, Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing.
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty. As a Jesuit Catholic institution of higher education, we seek candidates who will contribute to our strategic plan to deliver a Transformative Education in the Jesuit tradition. To learn more about LUC’s mission, candidates should consult our website at www.luc.edu/mission/. For information about the university’s focus on transformative education, they should consult our website at www.luc.edu/transformativeed
Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/15939 Job Number PT Organizational Location HEALTH SCIENCES CAMPUS
Number of Vacancies Desired Start Date 08/09/2021 Position End Date Open Until Filled Yes Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you currently hold, or are you eligible for, RN licensure in
the State of Illinois?
- Do you have a Master's Degree in Nursing?
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago