Director, Southwest Florida Leadership Institute, Associate/Professor
The Southwest Florida Leadership Institute (SFLI) is housed in the Lutgert College of Business. The Director will develop the programs of the Institute and direct its daily operations, engage and collaborate with external corporate partners to plan and deliver SFLI training and micro-credentialing opportunities for their executives and workforce, and develop internal relationships and training opportunities for FGCU personnel. Additionally, the Director will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship appropriate to rank; and participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- The reduced teaching load for this position will include up to five courses per academic year (to include two courses in the Fall and two courses in the Spring semesters, and the possibly of one additional course in the summer, depending on Departmental needs).
- Actively develop and participate in SFLI programs and grow the Institute.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, community partners, and other SFLI-affiliates on Institute programs and initiatives.
- Manage and coordinate Institute project work with staff, faculty, and student research assistants.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership related to outreach and public service efforts.
- Generate external funding (from grants, donations, or fees for services provided) to support the activities of the Institute.
- Provide local, regional and national press media interviews.
- 2-3 meetings with the external advisory board, annually
- Preparation of tables, graphs, reports and presentations.
- Survey design and implementation.
- Presentations relating to Institute initiatives to community groups.
- Client relations
Additional Job Description
- Ph.D. in Management or Leadership from an AACSB accredited program.
- Current rank of Full Professor or Associate Professor with at least 3 years in rank.
- Demonstrated record of excellence in scholarship that includes publications in A -level journals in the area of leadership.
- Experience teaching both graduate and undergraduate courses (both face-to-face and online).
- Experience in working with a leadership institute or similar leadership training/consulting experience.
- Current or past director of a similar leadership institute.
- Practical industry experience in a leadership role.
- Involvement in national organizations with an emphasis on leadership.
- Experience with community outreach and planning of events that engage the community with the institution
- Evidence of a productive research record and innovative and effective teaching
- Track record of securing external funding through gifts and/or competitive grant programs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching.
- Ability to manage support staff, budgets, and grant funding.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
- Skill in fundraising and donor relations.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University on scholarship and the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued high-quality scholarship and service to the school and university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a (12 month) multi-year appointment basis available August 2022.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter
- Five (5) Professional References
Salary Commensurate with education and experience.
This position will be posted until filled.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers