Clinical Research Coordinator
University Code 34111 University Title Clinical Research Coordinator 1 University Job Family Research - Support ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Clinical Research Coordinator Position Number 586390 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Massey Cancer Center is seeking qualified applicants for a Clinical Research Coordinator to conduct research by assisting with the collection, entry and cleaning of data and descriptive results.
This position will:
• Interface with VCU schools in programmatic growth of survivorship research efforts.
• Create and oversee research protocols and IRB submissions
• Develop objectives and design of research and data collection procedures. Conceptualize, initiate and execute research goals for project.
• Conduct and coordinate the analysis and interpretation of data and results to refine project design.
• Evaluate current developments and research findings to determine their potential applicability to research projects.
• Support the survivorship program with assisting with education initiatives including seminar series and conferences.
• Perform surveys, interviews, observations or uses other methods according to established research protocols.
• Collect, process and analyze data. Summarize research and test results.
• May assist with study protocol development.
• Coordinate the ordering, inventory and maintenance of equipment, instruments and data collection and analysis tools.
• Monitor project developments on an ongoing basis and implement changes as needed.
• Prepare, organize and communicate research results.
• Prepare and contributes statistical data and pertinent information for papers, grants and other documents.
• Complete required documentation for regulatory agencies.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Knowledge of research concepts, practices and procedures. Experienced with use of onCore, RedCap, or other research database applications
• A minimum of two years related research experience required
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree in social science or related field preferred.
• Three years related research experience preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 05/26/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106390 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience with protocol
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience with clinical research.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list any professional certifications and memberships
you hold as related to clinical research.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond