TRIO Program Coordinator
Position Title TRIO Program Coordinator Pay Grade Level G-10 FLSA Non-Exempt Benefits
Health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, health savings accounts, Michigan Public School Employees Retirement Systems, TIAA 403(b), generous sick and vacation time, paid holidays, modified summer schedule, YMCA membership, Wellness Program, tuition reimbursement and professional development support.
Department TRiO Campus Location Escanaba Min Salary $16.70 Max Salary $19.65 FTE
Full-time/Part-time Full-Time Position Type Staff Job Summary/Basic Function
The TRIO Program Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for the TRIO program, responsible for providing excellent frontline service (face-to-face, on the phone, or electronically) to students, college faculty and staff, peer educators and other constituents from the communities served by Bay College.
The TRIO Program Coordinator reports to the Director of TRIO and provides direct support to the TRIO SSS cohort and staff through database management and record keeping. The TRIO SSS grant at Bay College serves 160 low-income, first generation and disabled students in the areas of academic support, career guidance, personal mentoring and financial aid assistance. The TRIO Program Coordinator oversees the day to day workings for TRIO Student Support Services and collaborates with the TRIO Director in the management and coordination of project files, database and data integrity, budget, and in preparing and submitting required annual performance reports. In addition, the TRIO Program Coordinator supervises TRIO Peer Mentors.
• Associate degree
• Minimum of three years of administrative coordination or related experience
• Abreast with current trends in technology and related tools and social media use for communication of program activities and services
• Knowledgeable of general office management practices
• The ability to type at least 60 words per minute
• Strong office technology and computing skills, including proficiency with Adobe, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Publisher
• Experience with data entry, database report development and initial report production and reviews for accuracy
• Experience with front line service, electronic calendaring and emailing management strategies, scheduling and mentoring or related experience
• Supervisory and training experience of student workers for front line service, scheduling and mentoring or related experience
• Extensive successful experience in an active office/reception environment
• Experience overcoming barriers to postsecondary success similar to those of program participants
• Previous experience with grants and the Department of Education programs
• Commitment to ethical conduct in all aspects of the work environment with an unwavering commitment to and understanding importance of ensuring confidentiality
• Excellent organization skills and ability to pay attention to and follow up on details
• Ability to deal with a diverse student population with patience and understanding
• Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to maintain an excellent working relationship with internal and external constituents
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as good listening skills
• Enthusiasm, positive attitude, maturity, initiative, integrity and a professional image
• Commitment to professional growth
• Knowledge of and ability to work within a continuous improvement system
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
• Willingness to take initiative in making contributions to team goals
Months Per Year 12 Hours Worked Per Week 40 Work Schedule Typical hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch break. Supervision Exercised
Supervises Peer Mentors
Works under the general supervision of the Director of TRIO
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may be loud in areas of equipment operation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned into this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job related functions may be performed with or without accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Serves as the primary point of contact for TRIO (face-to-face, phone, and electronically). This involves greeting students, college faculty and staff, tutors, and other constituents from the communities served by Bay College in a welcoming and professional manner.
Accurately enter information on accepted TRIO students into multiple databases in a timely manner.
Compile and maintain a timely and secure electronic filing system for TRIO student files for a period of five years in the Bay College e-filing system.
Collaborate with admissions, financial aid, and registrar’s office in securing appropriate documentation for participant files
Report objectives are intended to provide timely assistance, observations, recommendations and/or findings to support program and student success. This includes the following activities and data elements:
Identification and selection of eligible students based on low-income, first generation and/or disability status
Identify, market and inform potentially eligible students about the SSS program services
Collect/enter data related to student participation and academic progress
Create and audit e-files for completion to ensure all application materials, supporting documents, annual contact updates are current, signed and correspond with information in the project database
Compile the TRIO grant’s annual performance report ( APR ) and grant-related paperwork
Responsible for inventory, ordering and distribution of supplies, through the college requisition process
Provide event planning and logistical support and follow-up for TRIO activities, including promotion, arranging transportation, hotels, restaurants, activities with completing expense reporting and reimbursement accounting
Hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating TRIO SSS Peer Mentors
Assists the Director in leading the TRIO program student intake process, reporting and follow-up
Delegates tasks as needed to TRIO peer mentors.
Manages Peer Mentor projects, including the Bay College Food Pantry.
Assists students requesting TRIO services. This involves providing students with the appropriate service materials, the scheduling of appointments with TRIO staff relevant to the student needs and making referrals to other College offices and resources when student needs, questions, or issues are identified that fall outside the range of the services provided by TRIO
Accurately and effectively provides information to students, parents, staff, and the public within the bounds of FERPA, College policy, and any applicable State and Federal regulations
Responsible for general promotion and awareness of the TRIO SSS program
Provide administrative and technical support to the TRIO staff including developing database reports as needed for internal divisions, external reporting, and other tasks as requested
Serve as the page editor for department’s web page in MyBay
Serve as a technology resource to TRIO students by providing individual assistance on how to use campus Web functions (MyBay, scheduling classes, updating personal information, using e-mail), syncing phones with Bay College email and calendars, filling out the FAFSA, and other technology-oriented questions including Microsoft applications
Record minutes of all TRIO staff meetings
Updating office policy and procedures manual
Perform multi-level tasks in institutional enterprise systems
Accurately enter program services data into Student Access for current and future reporting needs
Contribute to, and help develop new initiatives in TRIO, and participate in larger team decision-making
Support TRIO technology and equipment to ensure equipment is updated, inventoried, and functional
Communicate effectively with internal and external constituents with enthusiasm, professionalism, and accuracy
Oversee the Bay College Student Food Pantry on main campus
Interpret problem situations and take initiative to allow corrective measures to be taken, with the ability to respond in a prompt and rational matter in an active workplace, and at times in stressful situations.
Research and analyze various different types of information and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation and/or government law
Any other duties as assigned
Beth Berube, Director of Human Resources
Melissa VanBrocklin, Human Resources Specialist
Contact Phone/Extension 906-217-4016 Contact Email email@example.com Contact Fax 906-217-1625
Posting Number S018P Posting Date 05/26/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Target application deadline date June 06, 2021.
Quick Link for Internal Postings https://careers.baycollege.edu/postings/660 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of an Associate's degree?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- * How proficient would you rank your technology skills with
various computer software applications and database management?
- Not proficient
- Somewhat proficient
- Very proficient
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Escanaba