Miami University's Division of University Advancement (UA) is
looking for an experienced marketing communications project
manager, who can shift seamlessly from digital to print to video
production to events and back again! University Advancement is the
fundraising and alumni relations division for the university, and
in-house marcom team helps engage Miami's alumni/donors through a
variety of in-person events and virtual experiences, digital and
social media channels, content creation, publications and
promotional marketing materials. It’s a fast-paced, highly
collaborative work environment in a unique campus setting.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. We recognize that every Miamian has a unique story and unfortunately many are marked with challenges and pain based on one or more of their identities. We thus acknowledge the painful and difficult experiences at Miami past and present. We are committed to recognizing and celebrating all Miamians. We aspire to connect Miami with our diverse constituencies and create pathways for current and future Miamians of all backgrounds. We choose to honor Miami University’s holistic approach to and definition of diversity as our guide. This statement is only a part of Advancement’s efforts.
The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
• Collaborating and consulting with project requestors and all involved team members (internal and external) to handle all aspects of project management from start-to-finish, including: attaining information required for completion of projects; developing and managing project timelines; maintaining project calendars and delegating tasks within a project management system to ensure cohesive, overall department workflow; determining project scope, statements of work, expectations and budgets based on client and team input; and identifying resources needed and needs outside of client scope to ensure project success
• Managing multiple cross-functional, cross-departmental and concurrent projects using software-based project management tools to successfully monitor progress of active projects and maintain accurate project records.
• Providing proactive, forward-thinking customer service to internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to identify/negotiate solutions to challenges and to successfully resolve questions, complaints, problems and conflicts
• Providing timely project status reports, coordinates informational meetings, approvals and follow-up as well as quality reviews to ensure that strategic objectives are being met to the creative team, stakeholders and director of operations and project management.
• Overseeing quality assurance of final project deliverables, providing support as needed to ensure timely and accurate completion.
• Managing vendor and contractor relationships including preparing bid requests, reviewing contracts and managing budgets according to procedures established by the Office of Purchasing
• Supporting the operations and project management team in identifying opportunities to improve workflows and processes
• Bachelor’s degree or five years of marketing communications project management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Hands-on experience with creative workflows and software-based
project management tools and platforms.
• Demonstrated knowledge of creative and production processes for digital, print and multi-media projects.
• Experience with Wrike or other project management software
• Experience or knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe software
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act: Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html&source=gmail&ust=1551972326675000&usg=AFQjCNEKpiK_WbsyuDgqK13d6ojJdup1vg">http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. Date to Begin Screening Applicants: