The Department of Art at Mississippi State University seeks applications for a full-time, 9-month lecturer to begin teaching in the Fall of 2021. The successful applicant will teach 4 undergraduate foundation
classes per semester in Design and Drawing. This position is an excellent opportunity for developing teaching skills and gaining experience at an Research I institution. Mentorship, studio space and an office
Position Function - To teach studio drawing/design/2D courses in the foundation area.
Essential duties and responsibilities – Teaching 4/4 undergraduate courses in foundational drawing and design with weekly office hours. Mentoring BFA majors and participating in department, college, and university activities.
Minimum Qualifications - MFA required. We are seeking a candidate working primarily in 2D fields. The successful candidate must have expertise in the discourses around contemporary art and current
Preferred qualifications : In addition to the minimum qualifications, demonstrating excellence in teaching 2D fields is desirable.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities : Advanced knowledge in their area of specialty. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with colleagues, and the skills necessary for
successful teaching and mentoring of students from diverse backgrounds.
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants must apply online at http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu and attach a cover letter, current resume or curriculum vitae, and the complete contact information for at least three
- File 1: Cover letter; current curriculum vita; artist statement; a one-page statement of teaching philosophy; and complete contact information for at least three professional references.
- File 2: PDF containing up to twenty images of applicant's work labeled with title, media, size, year.
- File 3: PDF containing up to twenty images of student work labeled with the name, of course, the work was made for, media, size, year.
The application review will begin on June 1, 2021, and continue until the position is filled. Any communication about this position should be sent to
Critz Campbell, Head, Department of Art
P.O. Box 5182
Mississippi State, Mississippi 39762
Equal Opportunity Statement :
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy and gender
identity), national origin, disability status, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Art Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Design & Graphic Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Other Arts Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University