Performing Arts Production Specialist
Performing Arts Production Specialist
Posting Number: 0001059
PS Position#: 00001102
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $35,079 - $38,586 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B23. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Visual & Performing Arts
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position includes technical support and box office support for college, community, and commercial performances in the Performing Arts Center and reports directly to the Division Chair for the Visual and Performing Arts.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist the Performing Arts Center (PAC) Director and Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) Division in the day to day operations of the College's state of the art performance facility.
- Maintain PAC lobby, Black Box, Green Room, Choral Hall, and
Instrumental Hall in efforts to maintain a professional
- Arrange chairs, stands, instruments, and other equipment for
rehearsals and performances.
- Coordinate all movements of the orchestra shell and pit,
ensuring safety measures are met.
- Inventory and maintain lighting and sound equipment in the
- Organize, maintain, and clean theater shop and prop
Inventory and secure tools, materials, and equipment used to meet technical requirements.
- Organize, update, and disseminate documentation, drawings, and specifications of all PAC technical systems including lighting, sound, rigging, and ground plan.
Coordinate performance, rehearsal, and production needs with the VPA and PAC Director.
- Build sets as required by departments and work with contractors
and consultants on sets as needed.
- Communicate with the VPA faculty and PAC Director for staging,
sound, and lighting needs.
- Design sound, lighting standards, and schematics for events in
- Schedule drivers, vans, and shuttles as needed for
- Work closely with Maintenance, Security, and Custodial to coordinate campus events.
Assist the Director of the Performing Arts Center with managing the “front of the house” at the Performing Arts Center with exemplary customer service.
- Schedule box office interns, volunteers, and ushers.
- Set up and break down lobby for events.
- Supervise students in various environments in the PAC, ensuring safety first in all aspects of work.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Attend VPA and other meetings related to activities and events
in the PAC.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or successful completion of
sixty (60) college credit hours; related experience may be
considered in lieu of degree
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Must be able to utilize power tools in the construction of
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds, catwalks,
bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, kneel, and lift up to 50
- Must have a working knowledge of performing arts safety and
- Must be able to maintain an established work
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Associate (or higher) degree in Technical Theater, Theater
Production, or related field
- Experience with box office software
- Previous experience in technical theater, lighting, and/or music
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for any college coursework that has been completed. (Official transcripts will be required if hired.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6914
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.