Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions will collaborate with faculty, administration, and staff in the recruitment of
graduate students to meet enrollment goals. This individual must be committed to personal attention and follow up with
prospective students and applicants of graduate programs.
The Assistant Director will collaborate with the Executive Director - Leadership Institute and Corporate Relations in exploring
and maintaining corporate relationships for the university.
Graduate Admissions Duties 75% of the position
- Work with the School Deans, Graduate Program Directors and Director of Graduate Admissions to provide leadership and coordinate the marketing and recruitment efforts of graduate programs through the Office for Graduate Admissions, including but not necessarily limited to, facilitating the inquiry process, generating and developing potential student leads, and contacting prospective students who are at the inquiry and application stages of the admission process.
- Maintain comprehensive records tracking interactions with prospective students as well as actions taken on a prospective student's application.
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential graduate students by conducting/coordinating follow-up phone calls and communication to inquiries and hosting individual appointments, requesting assistance from program directors and faculty as needed. Counselor will adjust work hours as needed, to meet the needs of prospective students.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and refinement of effective admissions and recruitment processes.
- Provide periodic recruitment, admission, and enrollment summary reports to the School Deans, Graduate Program Directors, Director of Graduate Admissions, and Vice President for Enrollment Services.
- Understand and be knowledgeable of current market trends and institutional goals.
- Participate in monthly Graduate Council Meetings providing information as needed to Committee members.
- Participate in monthly Admissions meetings.
- Organize and coordinate graduate student orientations.
- Represent Mount Mary University at both off-campus and on-campus recruitment events.
- Develop and apply knowledge of graduate admissions and recruitment practices in order to support the achievement of graduate enrollment goals.
- Design, implement and continuously improve program-related visitation and other on- and off-campus recruitment events (conventions, recruitment fairs, etc.)
- Collaborate with the Marketing/Public Relations department, School Deans, Graduate Program Directors and Director of Graduate Admissions to develop and actualize communication sequences and marketing plans for graduate programs.
- In coordination with program directors, assist recruitment manager with suitable advertising sources for graduate programs.
- Assist with hiring, training, and supervision of graduate assistants.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned
Corporate Recruitment Duties 25% of the position
- In collaboration with the Executive Director - Leadership Institute and Corporate Relations the Assistant Director will facilitate the following recruitment activities with a specific focus on growing the MBA and Food Science program:
- Coordinate corporate relationships directly related to graduate enrollment of employees from companies. This will include the cultivation of partnerships that will grow enrollment.
- Explore online webinars and off-campus events for professional organizations regarding professional development and graduate program awareness.
- Attend networking events to promote greater awareness of graduate programs available at Mount Mary for women.
- Serve as needed on advisory teams for federal grants.
- Identifying, establishing, and maintaining relationships with corporate partners (for-profit and not-for-profit) and professional organizations.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree in College Personnel Administration, Counseling, Business or related field required
- Experience with recruitment and admission in a college setting preferred
- Experience in initiating and cultivating new corporate relations
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with prospective graduate students, Mount Mary employees, and current graduate students
- Experience with student information systems and/or recruitment/relationship management software preferred
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups, facilitate group process and foster collaborative decision making
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee