Blackboard Administrator (Remote)
Who We Are:
At Grantham our students are at the forefront of everything we do and we are passionate about maximizing their potential. We have been making a difference and impacting the lives of students since 1951. We have this same passion for our employees. Are you looking to build a solid career and make an impact in the lives of others? If the answer is Yes! We have an exciting opportunity for you!
What We Have to Offer:
Just as we help our students maximize their potential, we’ll also help you maximize yours. From our full-time staff to our faculty, Grantham provides amazing job growth opportunities with a competitive compensation and benefits package, health and life insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, a culture of service and generosity, and a robust employee recognition program.
The Blackboard Administrator will report directly to the Director of Computing Services and will collaborate with university staff to ensure the continuous operation of the Learning Management System (LMS). The Blackboard Administrator will provide oversight of the Blackboard SaaS environment and deliver ongoing user support such as troubleshooting complex and student problems.
- Ongoing LMS application management
- Administrator-level user technical support
- Collaboration with application development and computer operations staff for support of application connectivity
- Create and maintain LMS user roles.
- Serves as a technical resource in all aspects of systems, networks, and communications related to Blackboard LMS and other integrated third-party tools.
- Collaborate with Grantham University-wide staff on configuration, maintenance, documentation, and support of SaaS environment.
- Participate in the integration (planning, testing, and implementation) of new technologies including Blackboard Learn updates and third-party products.
- Serve as an escalation contact for support issues, including interactions with Blackboard Learn and other vendor support services.
- Create and manage LMS technical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide high quality customer service.
- Participate on and contribute to committees, work groups, and project teams.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education/Work Experience Requirements and Desired Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 2 years of recent experience working in Blackboard Learn.
- At least 2 year of recent experience providing technical support for Blackboard Learn (or other LMS).
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting Blackboard SaaS environment.
- Blackboard certification a plus.
- Experience in writing and/or editing technical documentation.
- Basic understanding of instructional design principles, practices, and/or theories.
- Experience with Blackboard Content Management Software (CMS).
- Able to work in a positive team-oriented manner with a variety of people (students, faculty, staff, administrators, vendors, and members of the public).
- Experience in timeline and project management and/or implementation of business and functional requirements.
- Strong knowledge of instructional design principles, practices, and/or theories.
- Recent experience in Quality Assurance (QA) processes and practices.
- Basic networking and web server knowledge.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Ability to think strategically from a business perspective through all operational implications of product, content, and technology challenges.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.