Vice President for Human Resources and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Colby-Sawyer invites applications for a vice president for human resources and equity, diversity, and inclusion. Working closely with multiple offices on campus, the Vice President of Human Resources (HR) and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) will develop, deliver, promote and assess programs, policies, and activities that contribute to an institutional culture that is inclusive of all community members. Reporting to the President, the Vice President will be knowledgeable in benefits administration, compensation analysis, human resources policies, and personnel management. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the VP of HR and EDI will oversee the core functions of HR (employment, benefits, compensation, performance management, learning and development, and compliance). The Vice President of HR and EDI will play a central role in providing training, examining and developing equitable policies, and identifying hiring practices that enhance the Colby-Sawyer culture for faculty, staff and students. The Vice President of HR and EDI will provide strategic leadership in developing a comprehensive framework focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion, and in introducing emerging practices to move the institution forward in becoming a more welcoming and inclusive learning and working environment for all constituencies.
- Coordinate implementation of the college’s strategic initiatives around hiring, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Supervise the Office of Human Resources, including professional staff.
- Provide expertise and knowledge in benefit administration, compensation analyses, human resource policy development, and personnel management.
- Provide guidance for faculty and staff on employee recruitment, retention and hiring policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develop and lead training related to equity, diversity and inclusion for all constituencies of the college.
- Work with faculty on curriculum development and instructional practices that support an inclusive and effective learning environment.
- Facilitate campus-wide engagement to achieve greater recruitment, retention and success of underrepresented students.
- Advise the president on communications to internal and external constituencies regarding issues related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and enact plans to address HR and EDI policy and practice gaps as they are identified or arise.
- Chair the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Advisory Committee.
- Provide staff support to the Board of Trustees Compensation Subcommittee.
- Develop and implement a diversity and inclusion strategic plan, including annual goals that emphasize alignment with the College's goals to deliver high-quality education and to advance an inclusive learning environment.
- Serve as the senior advisor to the College President and her leadership team on EDI issues in the environment, regionally and nationally, and create associated workplans, measures and communication (from concept to completion) that advance diversity and inclusion locally.
- Advise Senior Leadership Team of strategies and initiatives that will advance inclusion, engagement and innovation.
- Serve as organizational expert of changes in regulatory and market conditions that may affect the College's inclusion programs and implements changes and/or adjustments to ensure compliance and advancement of goals.
- Work closely with internal communications to embed diverse, equitable and inclusive messaging and associated advertising and marketing for the College, its employees and students.
- Master’s degree required and minimum of 5 to 10 years of progressive responsibility in a role related to HR and equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Proven success as a leader, with experience appropriate to a highly visible senior officer position.
- Evidence of successfully building relationships with faculty, staff, alumni, students and trustees.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, including the ability to find mutually acceptable solutions to difficult problems.
- Understanding of human resources management and equity, diversity and inclusion trends.
- Demonstrated expertise in building an inclusive community that provides enhanced outcomes for all community members.
- Well-developed communication and writing skills.
- Experience collaborating with multiple constituencies to facilitate change.
- Understanding and passion for values of a residential, liberal education for students.
- E-mail your cover letter, résumé, and names of three references to CSCjobs@colby-sawyer.edu. Please include your salary expectations.
- Candidates who can actively contribute to racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity on campus are encouraged to include this information in the cover letter.
- Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- A complete COVID vaccination is a condition of employment as of August 1, 2021.
Colby-Sawyer College is a comprehensive liberal arts-based institution located in scenic Central New Hampshire, recognized for the excellence of its academic and co-curricular programs. Our faculty and staff consider it an important and welcome aspect of their jobs to get to know, encourage, inspire, and offer guidance to each of our students.
Colby-Sawyer College is committed to being an inclusive and diverse campus community, which celebrates multiple perspectives. Under institutional policy, as well as under state and federal law (including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and the Age Discrimination Act), Colby-Sawyer College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices or its admission practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, mental or physical disability, family or marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or gender identity.
Apply for Vice President for Human Resources and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly