Director of Development
Director of Development
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, the Director of Development is responsible for managing relationships and securing support from mid to major giving level donors who are capable of making gifts over $10,000 in support of institutional priorities. This individual will manage a personal portfolio of giving prospects and will work closely with the faculty and staff, both within the division and around the University, to promote the acquisition of gifts. This position will work closely with the entire Development and Institutional Advancement team to ensure coordination among individual giving programs.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni and friends of the University for mid to major level gifts of $10,000 and above.
- Create and present solicitation proposals for consideration according to the donor's interests, propensity to give and giving capacity.
- Record and document in a timely and accurate manner contacts with donors and prospective donors.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations to support alumni relations events and programming.
- Coordinate with the Stewardship Coordinator for an effective plan for donor recognition.
- Attend and assist at designated University and Institutional Advancement events.
- Act as a liaison between the Colleges and Institutional Advancement.
- Participate in key community organizations and attend key community events as determined by University priorities and departmental goals.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years of experience in fundraising.
- Additional education may be used to substitute for the
- Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of experience in fundraising.
- Masters degree and no experience in fundraising.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and manage details within the broader vision of the University.
- Ability to maintain clear, accurate records and timely reports.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis to include some night and weekend hours.
- Masters degree in a related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years' experience in alumni relations, development, individual major gift fundraising, or event management.
- Experience working in higher education.
- $3,392.67 - $5,166.35 monthly ($40,712 - $61,996 annual)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Director-of-Development_R-038380