Financial Aid Information Analysts - Part-Time (2)
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
We are recruiting for hourly, part time Financial Aid Information Analysts (2) to serve as a comprehensive initial point of contact in Financial Aid. This position will report to the office in Columbia, MD as needed. This position can expect to work up to 25 hours a week and is a critical team member in ensuring the college is compliant with federal and state laws for student eligibility.
- Providing accurate direction and guidance to students, their families and staffing all aspects of the financial aid process this individual is responsible to ensure all incoming documents are signed and complete, and added to the student's financial aid file.
- Works one on one with students as needed to help them complete the Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) and also advises students on additional documentation requirements specific to the individual student.
- Responsible for analyzing and determining the accuracy and completeness of all incoming information, including, but not limited to federal tax forms, DHS documentation, orphan or ward of the court documentation, selective service confirmation, student loan forms and payroll hiring forms.
- Identifies students who need to meet with a financial aid counselor or administrator to resolve more complex issues.
- Perform customer service and triage that provides assistance and reduces the number of students who must see a counselor and/or better prepares those who do for a more productive meeting.
- Answers the phones, return voicemails, and returns emails from students and applicants.
- Organizes and performs outreach to students with missing documents.
- Staffs the financial aid tables for many outreach events through the year.
The Financial Aid Information Analyst possesses a comprehensive understanding of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures in order to accurately guide students through financial aid, scholarship and loan application processes. This person must also have a thorough understanding of the Admissions and Advising, Records and Registration, the Test Center, Cashier's Office, Disability Services, Career Links and Retention Services policies and procedures as they relate to the financial aid processes and other services that facilitate paying for college. The Financial Aid Information Analyst must be able to work flexibly with diverse constituencies and possess the ability to manage multiple competing priorities, while providing outstanding customer service. The analyst must also have excellent command of all relevant technology.
- Associates Degree required; bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience with customer service or 2 years of experience with financial aid will be considered in lieu of education
- Experience with financial aid data collection and analysis preferred
- Prior experience in a financial aid setting preferred
- Excellent knowledge and experience with technology, including equipment (PCs, scanners; etc.); software applications (student system; MS Office; ImageNow or similar imaging technology; financial aid programs), the Web and the Internet; as well as the ability and motivation to acquire and apply new knowledge and implement new software applications.
Hours Per Week: 25 hours
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Compensation: $22.01/hr - This is a grant supported position for 1 year
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: June 7, 2021
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter