Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and named a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
The System Administrator position at Dean College serves as an integral role for the Information Technology Department. As a support position this role involves supporting servers, television systems, networking, telephony, and system operating software. This position also provides implantation of approved information security policies, including domain management, server based utilities, usage monitoring and firewalls. Path management is also a common responsibility.
- Maintain the operational state of all Servers and End User Computing Technologies on a day-to-day basis;
- Monitor and support WAN/LAN infrastructure;
- Perform monthly patch management, preventive, and corrective maintenance during assigned outage window;
- Resolve Tier III incidents following Technology Service Center problem/request workflow;
- Day to day administration of Telecom System;
- Provide back-up operational cover for the Assistant Vice President of Technology and/or the Systems Software Administrator;
- User Account Administration, both creation and deletions;
- On Call Support, including, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science, required;
- 10 years of relevant experience, preferred;
- COVID-19 vaccination, required;
- Thorough understanding of Windows Servers, Hyper-V environment, Active Directory and Group Policy and Office 365;
- Thorough understanding of Mitel phone system;
- Experience with system image building and software deployment strategies;
- Experience with Veeam backup solution;
- Experience and working knowledge of storage architectures;
- Microsoft Certifications a plus.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Franklin
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Franklin