Assistant Dean of Students
The Assistant Dean of Students if responsible for student services offered through the Dean of Students Office. The responsibilities include day-to-day management of the student CARE and conduct processes, review and record keeping associated with the Buccaneer Student Crisis Fund, the Bucs for Books scholarship fund, and the Buccaneer Completion Microgrant fund. The role will provide direct student support around conflict and mediation efforts, assistance with the coordination of crisis intervention and resolving student issues, and the development of educational programs and workshops. The Assistant Dean of Students will assist with hearing administrative level student conduct cases and will assist in the training and preparation of the University Judicial Board. The Assistant Dean of Students reports to the Dean of Students. The Assistant Dean of Students will assist with oversight of the Undergraduate Student Success Specialist Graduate Assistant and Bucky’s food pantry. The Assistant Dean will serve as a member and Vice-Chair of the CARE Team.
ETSU is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all of our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. Successful candidates should have a demonstrated commitment and contribution to fostering and advancing equity, diversity and inclusion. East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures; including those related to student conduct and due process.
- Knowledge of university academic and administrative structures.
- Ability to effectively analyze and evaluate a variety of detailed information, especially reports concerning student welfare and student conduct.
- Ability to determine when expediency is necessary based on report information.
- Ability to use an online database housing confidential records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products and administrative information systems, (Banner, Goldlink, Advocate, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to work as a team. Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, parents, and other constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software application.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with various constituencies.
Master’s degree; 3 years of experience in higher education setting
Master’s degree in education or other related field; Higher Education student conduct or care experience preferred.
Candidate subject to background check.
Please provide cover letter, resume, and three letters of recommendation. Apply online at https://www.etsu.edu/jobs/