Director of Program Administration, Public Health and Health Administration Programs
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Director of Program Administration, Public Health and Health
Administration Programs, oversees a team responsible for
coordinating and supporting all matters related to
recruitment/admissions, curriculum, and the meeting of academic
milestones and requirements for approximately 300 graduate students
in the areas of: public health, epidemiology, healthcare delivery
leadership, and health administration, including degree-granting
and non-degree programs. The team serves as a principal resource to
faculty and to students across multiple programs on all aspects of
program management. The Director reports to the Associate Dean for
Graduate School Administration, has a dotted-line reporting
relationship to the Senior Associate Dean for Master’s Programs,
and works closely with faculty program directors and other
colleagues across the Graduate School and across the Icahn School
of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Direct all administrative aspects related to recruitment/admissions, marketing, curriculum, and teaching/learning within assigned degree-granting and non-degree-granting programs. Work closely with faculty program directors, program faculty, and program staff on matters related to curriculum development.
- Responsible for contributing to the overall excellence and strategic vision of the programs. Working closely with faculty program directors, develop and implement short- and long-term goals to achieve set strategies, provide administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and new policies and procedures. Champion and lead ongoing program growth.
- Direct a team of program managers and coordinators to ensure outstanding support to faculty and students, as well as compliance with established practices and processes and address escalated questions and concerns.
- Lead and coordinate faculty development activities around curriculum, learning outcome assessment, course management, and online delivery.
- Manage and expand ongoing development of online course delivery to meet the demands of existing and prospective students.
- Manage team performance and staff development, oversee annual performance appraisal process, meet with individual team members to assess performance and goals. Ensure a productive working environment.
- Co-lead ongoing program accreditation/reaccreditation activities and other external reviews. For Public Health, direct periodic reaccreditation process, ensure compliance with annual reporting requirements, develop required documents and notifications, and ensure program policies adhere to accrediting body’s requirements.
- Working closely with the Associate Dean and other members of GSBS senior leadership, oversee financial aspects of assigned programs related to curriculum and participate in annual budgeting process to ensure appropriate allocation and use of limited resources to achieve program goals. Approve financial transactions related to teaching expenses and program operations, and oversee annual T-Dollar process.
- Address complex student issues escalated by program managers and direct issues to the program leadership and the Committee on Academic Review when appropriate. Facilitate and enhance productive student engagement with the programs and GSBS. Coordinate with GSBS student affairs initiatives.
- Work closely with GSBS senior leadership and program directors on the establishment and articulation of recruitment strategy and enrollment goals. Oversee recruitment process and integrate needs and goals of all programs. Contribute to the development of recruitment materials. Direct planning and hosting of on/off site info sessions and webinars. Attend national recruitment events to represent Mount Sinai graduate programs.
- Lead marketing efforts to promote programs both internally and externally, working closely with the Director of Student and Postdoctoral Affairs and liaisons from central Marketing offices. Increase visibility of programs. Oversee development of new marketing content, including videos, and oversee curricular/academic aspects of programs’ websites. Manage marketing initiatives that generate program leads and applications.
- Bring synergy to the admissions process across programs. Oversee communications with the Admissions Office regarding the web-based application portal, review application standards with program directors. Oversee coordination with the International Personnel Office on visa related admissions issues.
- Collaborate with the office of Enrollment Services, including the Registrar, Bursar, and Student Financial Services to ensure that all services provided meet the needs of the program and its students.
- Establish collaboration between programs and departments to increase the utilization and visibility of individual program offerings including workshops and other educational offerings.
- Work closely with the GSBS Director of Student and Postdoctoral Affairs on the planning of events that recognize academic milestones and program completion. Oversee aspects of program orientation sessions related to curriculum and academic requirements.
- Collaborate with the Senior Associate Dean for Curriculum, the Senior Associate Dean for Master’s Programs, and the faculty program directors on the program and course evaluation process, with a partial focus on assessing learning outcomes. Implement new mechanisms for ensuring accountability and changes to the curriculum. Attend Curriculum Committee meetings. Collaborate with the Registrar’s office to ensure the Graduate School catalog accurately reflects program curricula, and participate in collaborative efforts to improve and streamline the delivery of course catalog information to students.
- Maintain standing in relevant professional organizations, monitor communications and developments in relevant curricular and programmatic areas, and remain abreast of developments in the public health and health administration fields among peer institutions and on the national level.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of directly related experience in health or educational administration. Experience in strategic planning and execution, formulating policy, managing resources and leading successful teams.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Executive Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City
- Executive Directors Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in New York City