Microsoft 365 Systems Administrator
- Position Reports to: Enterprise Infrastructure Manager
- Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Position Backup is: LAN Engineer
The Microsoft 365 Systems Administrator serves as campus email administrator responsible for the development and maintenance of the University’s Microsoft 365 Exchange email service. The position will be responsible for performing and overseeing account management, creation of campus distribution lists, and the configuration and setup of related mailbox objects; as well as implementing Microsoft’s latest security products and policies to ensure that industry best practices are followed as it relates to the identification, evaluation and remediation of malware attempts. Additionally, the position will support the integration and expansion of Microsoft related 365 products including Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, Azure Identify Management, OneDrive, and Microsoft 365 unified communications services.
- Manages the University’s Microsoft 365 Exchange email service. Monitors mailflow and assesses email system health. Ensures security policies are in align with industry standards and best practices and makes recommendations regarding new and emerging practices that will enhance the security of NDMU systems. Responsible for spam mitigation, configuration and system settings. Researches, plans, introduces and maintains effective campus messaging policies, distribution lists, email-enabled service accounts and related objects and features needed. Configures and maintains Exchange Online Protection (EOP) configuration policies to mitigate malware from entering campus. Develop IT anti-phishing policies to reduce the risk of malware and ransomware.
- Monitors Messaging tickets entered in NDMU’s IT Problem Tracking System. Leverages NDMU’s IT Help Desk and tracking system to evaluate incoming tickets; coordinates needed remediation activities; and contacts end-user directly as needed.
- Audits, researches and remediates Microsoft 365 security breach attempts. Evaluates spam and phishing attempts in terms of potential impact to NDMU’s email system. Produces appropriate reports and recommendations as needed.
- Supports Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance Center. Leverages Microsoft’s built-in Threat Management tools to conduct investigations into risky users and potential compromises. Uses the Attack Simulator to create a security awareness program for campus users. Creates Threat Policies based on built-in templates or through the creation of custom policies.
- Supports Microsoft Azure AD. Works with LAN Engineer to ensure effective buildout of Azure AD services required to support appropriate identity management and access credentials required in a maturing Microsoft 365 Collaboration ecosystem.
- Microsoft Teams Enterprise Governance. Works with LAN Engineer to ensure effective management of MS Teams content and rights to ensure balance between open access to available products and network security. Works with Instructional Services and related IT business units to evaluate, plan, release and support appropriate Teams, Share Point, OneDrive, and related Microsoft 365 collaboration services required.
- Develops documentation and IT Help Desk materials as needed. Routinely evaluate the needs of the University community to ensure services, storage locations, and collaboration tools are accessible and can be leveraged regardless of location.
- Participates in ongoing professional development and trainings in order to stay abreast of industry best practices regarding security and system integration.
- Assure policies, procedures, and practices are in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations and the University’s operational policies and procedures.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in information technology/systems, data science or related field from an accredited college or university. Additional years of related experience may substitute for required education.
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of related experience supporting Microsoft 365, Exchange, Outlook, Webmail and related systems. Experience in a college or university setting is preferred.
Skills/Aptitude: Strong technical skills and experience utilizing Microsoft 365 products and applications with specific expertise in Microsoft Exchange administration, as well as supporting Windows and Apple-based workstation and BYOD hardware. Demonstrated understanding of email practices and features, and using and supporting Webmail using Windows, IOS and Droid products. Keen troubleshooting ability, attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Excellent time management, organizational, and documentation skills. Ability to manage multiple competing projects and deadlines. Ability to work independently and collaborate with others. Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Working Conditions: Normal office environment (walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching, etc.). Light physical demands such as bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, and pushing may be required. Some overtime may be occasionally required.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter stating your salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore