Admission Counselor/Enrollment Marketing
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Admission Counselor/Enrollment Marketing
Job Description Summary
The Admissions Counselor/Recruiter is responsible for recruiting undergraduate and graduate students from high schools and colleges to enroll in programs at Florida Polytechnic University consistent with its recruitment goals and targets. This position requires the ability to travel throughout the United States, and to load and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment. Will have daily contact with prospective students, parents, high school counselors, University officials or agencies outside the University who call regarding application or scholarship concerns; this includes but is not limited to making presentations regarding the admission process.
- Represent the University both on- and off-campus to prospective students, parents, secondary school counselors, and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process. Plan and implement recruitment activities for assigned high schools, colleges, and territories, including travel to targeted schools and/or communities. Identify and maintain contact with the appropriate high school and college personnel responsible for assisting with on-site visits.
- Counsel prospective applicants on the admissions process and opportunities at the University.
- Conduct one-on-one admissions counseling to diverse populations. Review and evaluate applications and other materials submitted by applicants for the purposes of making admission decisions. Answer inquiries from parents, students, and counselors regarding the status of applications, basis for the admissions decisions, scholarship opportunities, and special recruitment programs.
- Develop and implement student visit programs designed to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the University. Develop and implement minority student recruiting programs. Track students who participate in various developmental and early outreach programs that target middle school and high school students.
- Develop ongoing strategic communications with high school and independent counselors, including email, print, and other media. Develop and deliver on-campus events and programs for counseling groups and individuals.
- Engage and participate in professional development opportunities such as those offered by the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).
- Assist with the development of programs to recruit targeted prospective applicants to the University.
- Understands and adheres to state statutes and Florida Administrative Code regarding freshman admission to the SUS, residency requirements for tuition purposes, and selective admission criteria to Florida Polytechnic University.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Requires strong interpersonal and writing skills, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Skill in word processing, spreadsheet, and database software tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to travel, load, and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of appropriate experience, or a high school diploma and five years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule varies according to recruiting schedule. Regular out-of-town and/or out-of-state travel is required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: $47,476-$53,000, commensurate with experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
- Cover Letter
- List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland