Technology Support Associate (Techceptionist)
LX Studio is based at the University of Central Oklahoma’s newly renovated facility in downtown OKC that offers advanced technology and customizable classroom, training, and meeting space for academic programs and corporate clients. We are the only agency of its kind in the United States and believe learning is the catalyst for a better world. Our team of learning experts, powered by our industry-leading tools, provides an exclusive suite of custom solutions to effectively implement world-class learning experiences that reimagine an organization’s strategy, content, delivery, and results.
- Reports to Administrative Specialist III
- Assists in guiding and training student employees.
The Technology Support Associate, also known as Techceptionist, supports the day-to-day operations of technology applications and equipment for multiple locations. The primary duty is resolving Tier I technology support issues during the day and evening hours and performs installations, repairs, upgrades, backups, and other maintenance tasks. Must have expertise in commonly used business applications and desire to learn new technologies. Provides leadership in assisting with telephone, walk-in, or trouble ticket inquiries to resolve or escalate IT systems issues and problems. Excellent customer service and communication skills are a must!
The Techceptionist supports LX Studio’s reputation that offers excellent customer support for all activities at the downtown OKC locations as well as our online presence.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates the use and assists with ongoing training and
support of multiple LX Studio facilities.
- Coordinates Techceptionist work schedules and primary on-call
contact for on-duty Techceptionists for troubleshooting IT and
facility usage issues/concerns.
- Responsible for onboarding and ongoing training of
Techceptionists, including identifying training needs.
- Communicates day-to-day technology updates to Techceptionist
- Identifies and oversees technology needs and maintains hardware
and software inventories.
- Provides immediate on-site support to students, faculty, staff,
business incubators, clients, and guests.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance on computer equipment,
video conferencing and various other types of technology and
- Provides remote and on-site support for UCO-owned hardware and
- Responsible for PC builds/rebuilds, warrantied hardware
replacement, and data migration.
- Performs entry-level system administration duties as assigned
on servers managed and maintained by the department and other
software as a service
- Translates technical issues so that non-technical personnel can
understand these issues.
- In collaboration with supervisor, oversees class schedule and
coordinates with faculty and students.
- May work nights or weekends when needed.
- Must be accountable and responsible to LX Studio.
- Performs administrative tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in MIS or related field and one
year relevant experience in the field or, if no degree, 5+ years of
relevant work experience in this field that provide knowledge of
and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and
- Ability to effectively operate in an entrepreneurial
- Windows operating systems knowledge.
- Literate in computer usage and word processing, including, but
not limited to, MSWord and MSExcel.
- Perform administrative or manual tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of microcomputer hardware and
- Apple iOS knowledge.
- Knowledge of Remote Services, Microsoft Client/Server, and
other standard software preferred.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and practices.
- Experience with web conferencing programs such as Zoom, Webex,
and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to work well with others and foster positive working
- Maintain a positive and professional customer service-oriented
- Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the
position and the technology industry.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and solve problems.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and continually
strives to provide excellent support and customer service.
- Ability to learn software and operating environments quickly
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public relations
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Frequent standing, and/or sitting. Occasional walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Frequent communications, verbal and written.
- Work environment: Requires valid driver’s license; multiple physical job reporting sites. Primarily indoors and sedentary in nature.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oklahoma City
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Oklahoma City
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Oklahoma City
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Oklahoma City
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Oklahoma City