Visiting Assistant Professor of Costuming
High Point University and the Department of Theater & Dance invites applications for a one year Visiting Assistant Professor position to teach design and collaborate on theater & dance productions for the 2021-2022 season. This is a one-year post and candidates are welcome to apply for full-time positions for the 2022-2023 academic year. Specialty areas in Design are open and applicants should demonstrate their particular field(s) of expertise in their application. We are seeking highly creative theater artists with a passion for teaching. The department seeks candidates who share the department’s commitment to creative problem solving, the creative process, social awareness, and a strong work ethic for a full season highlighted by new works. Join us for a year of creative collaboration in a growing university with a vibrant Theater & Dance program in the heart of North Carolina.
- M.F.A. required, in theatre design; Ph.D. considered with extensive production experience in theatre.
Experience and Training:
- Previous college teaching experience preferred.
- Computer aided design knowledge required.
- Record of ongoing professional and/or academic activity in theatre design showcasing strong collaborative skills.
- Strong commitment to effective teaching and mentoring undergraduate students.
- Position responsibilities include teaching and designs for theatrical and dance productions.
- Oversee and implement designs for six mainstage theatre and dance productions.
- Attend department activities on nights and weekends such as technical rehearsals, work calls, light hangs, load-ins, and strikes.
The following application materials must be uploaded as one file/attachment with Resume and CV.
- Cover letter addressing the applicant’s qualifications, passion for design, and why they are interested in the position.
- Current CV.
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which speaks to the applicant’s potential or experience in teaching
- Portfolios can be sent under separate cover to Doug Brown at email@example.com.
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Doug Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At High Point University the faculty and staff are devoted to ensuring every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. High Point University is a God, family and country school.
High Point University does not sponsor H1-B Visas. High Point University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status and other legally protected statuses. The University considers a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core component of our mission and encourages all applicants to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Design & Graphic Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Performing Arts Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point