Guest Relations & Event Services Program Manager
The University of Colorado Boulder's Alumni Association encourages applications for a Program Manager of Guest Relations and Event Services! This position is responsible for the day-to-day coordination and operation of Koenig Alumni Center. This position will serve as the primary liaison for all facility reservation, for the Koenig Alumni Center as well as the Heritage Center Museum. Position may include nights and weekend work. This position will also serve as the office and facility manager for the Koenig Alumni Center facility and is responsible for staffing the front office.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Alumni Association was created to inspire all current and future CU Boulder alumni to develop a lifelong relationship with the university and one another. Our goal is to cultivate pride in the university to increase the perceived value of a CU Boulder degree and build an engaged Forever Buffs community. We are committed to building a culturally diverse, equitable and inclusive, community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to a socially just campus environment and providing meaningful opportunities through the CU network to help Forever Buffs advance their careers, connect with others and enrich their lives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
FACILITY RESERVATIONS PROGRAM
Facility Reservation Sales
- Reply to all inquires with in 24 hours with a strong level of customer service.
- Track inquiries, bookings and reservation holds. Update the proper calendars to ensure coordination across a variety of constituents
- Collect facility reservation deposits
- Build and execute reservation contracts for two venues
- Conduct facility walk-throughs and facility tours for two venues
- Supervise events to ensure compliance with all University regulations and state of Colorado laws
- Plan, advise and coordinate the administrative and event details to ensure successful events
- Build and update training manuals for all staff working events, from event manager to bartenders
- Hire, train and schedule students for events
- Meet budgeted revenue goals
Liquor Management and Product Sales
- Work with approved liquor distributors to order alcohol needed for all upcoming events
- Create, maintain and manage liquor inventory system
- Stay up to date on and abide by all state, campus and local liquor regulations
- Manage the yearly Alumni Association calendar sales
- Execute, staff and mange the alumni association coffee cart
BILLING AND COLLECTIONS
- Responsible for supervising payments for both university and private events
- Create and send final invoice to all clients immediately after event has been held. For events having alcohol, this will include final amount for alcohol and bar set-up
- Perform walk-through of facility within one business day after event to assess for damage
- Reconcile Event Management System (EMS) on a monthly basis
FRONT OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Train, hire and staff front desk students
- Meet weekly with Lead student to coordinate "day of" information
- Update the phone systems including outgoing message as needed
- Reply to all email inquiries to contactalumni.com email address
- Update front desk manuals and create systems so students working front desk are updated on things happening at the Alumni Association as well as around campus
- Manage the execution of the CU license plate program
- Provide customer service at front desk to phone-in and walk-in visitors when student staff are not available or if needed to provide additional support
BUILDING AND PROPERTY COORDINATOR
- Work with building proctor on facility repairs and replacement issues
- Enter work orders into Facility Management system for regular maintenances such as painting, cleaning and fence repair
- Supervise the condition of furnishings and connect with supervisor regarding recommendations on replacement or repair
What You Should Know
The required work schedule is Tuesday - Saturday.
What We Can Offer
- The salary rate is $46,500 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Authentic. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Ability to work Tuesday - Saturday schedule.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent event management experience.
- Two years of experience in guest relations, customer service, and/or event services (including internships and student employee experience).
What You Will Need
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and a proven track record to work cross-functionally.
- Positive demeanor, detail- and customer- oriented with good multitasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong ability to analyze information and offer creative, workable solutions in real-time.
- Able to work independently within established guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task and meet due dates.
What We Would Like You To Have
- CU Boulder graduate and/or experience working on CU Boulder campus.
- Experience working in higher education.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 10, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder