Associate Dean P-12 Partnerships
Associate Dean P-12 Partnerships
2550 Bending Branch Way, Collin College Technical Campus
Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for an experienced Associate Dean P-12 Partnerships .
Develop and execute dual credit/concurrent partnerships with school districts. Ensure all state requirements are met. Supervise staff to effectively carry out departmental goals. Mentor and support special admissions coordinators and college and career counselors. Work with P-12 office staff to train, develop and deliver professional development and assist with the P-12 budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage college side of dual credit enrollment processes. Maintain current knowledge of all relevant state, federal, accreditation, college and local ISD policies. Ensure both processes and actual enrollment activities are efficient and well documented. Periodically review processes to recommend changes and improvements. Create and complete partnership agreements each year. Work in collaboration with all divisions across the District with P-12 initiatives.
- Implement an ongoing system of training and professional development and mentoring specifically for P-12 Partnerships staff. Offer periodic events for dual credit faculty, high school counselors and advisors. Participate in college-wide events (like the faculty development conference) to share information about P-12 partnerships.
- Work with Special Admissions Coordinators to actively recruit any potential high school students. Provide application assistance, orientation and support during on-boarding process. Assist dean and/or department chair with initial communication and delivery of program specific material to partnering ISD’s.
- Manage P-12 Partnerships assessment and reporting. Maintain all P-12 Partnerships data bases and produce periodic reports as well as any specially requested reports. Work with the office of Institutional Effectiveness to implement program level assessment for P-12 Partnerships Office.
- Create and maintain all marketing materials, including P-12 Partnerships website. Collaborate with leadership and Special Admissions Coordinators to determine type of information that needs to be developed online or in hard copy for use by students, parents, ISD employees and college employees.
- Supervise staff, including hiring, training, conducting performance evaluations and taking disciplinary action when necessary. Ensure staff receive professional development training as needed.
- Participate in vision and strategic planning and goal setting of the College. Track data sets to monitor progress on goals and performance indicators.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records (in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), organizational plans and personnel actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Five (5) years of full-time college teaching or directly related higher education experience required.
One (1) year or supervisory experience required.
NOTE: Internal candidates without supervision experience may be considered for the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Texas Administrative Code and The Higher Education Coordinating Board policies
- Knowledge of Collin College academic department programs
- Knowledge of student support services and resources
- Knowledge of high school educate graduation requirements
- Knowledge of college policies, procedures, and core values
- Knowledge of high school and dual credit legislation
- Knowledge of admissions/registration process and testing protocols
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Team-building skills
- Counseling skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to adhere to multiple deadlines
- Ability to make hard decisions
- Ability to work with and understand budgets
- Ability to interpret policy and the impact on department
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Administrator
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $76,957.00 - 88,501.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney