Dean College of Education
The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at Belmont University is seeking applications for the position of Dean of the School of Education. This is a 12-month, tenured faculty position at the rank of Professor. The College is seeking a founding Dean who will lead the faculty and staff in the School of Education to develop and deliver world-class programs designed to educate teachers for students in our community and our world who will serve as the next generation of compassionate, confident, and committed leaders in the classroom and beyond. While much of our focus is on education in Nashville, we are seeking candidates interested in both local and national conversations about the future of teacher education and training.
To lead the College of Education in:
- undergraduate and graduate admissions processes;
- developing, implementing, and assessment of academic programs;
- recruiting and retaining talented faculty;
- successfully maintaining accreditation;
- teaching graduate and/or undergraduate courses in education.
The Dean is responsible for
- Coordinating, facilitating, supporting, and further developing college assessment and accreditation preparation.
- Planning and initiating changes to keep curricula/programs aligned with regional and national trends.
- Supporting partnerships with local schools, business, and industry.
- Develop teaching assignments and class schedules.
- Overseeing the process of recruiting new faculty including the appointment of adjunct and full-time faculty members and providing direct oversight of clerical staff.
- Supporting faculty development.
- Engaging in and supporting recruitment activities for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Acting as the communication channel between the University administration and the College faculty and staff.
- Overseeing budgeting and purchasing for the College.
- Advising and mentoring students.
- Engaging in scholarly activity and professional development.
- Engaging in activities to support the mission and vision of Belmont University and the College.
- The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Belmont University seeks to attract and retain active, culturally and academically diverse and highly qualified faculty and staff that share the University's values and will contribute to its mission and vision to be a leader among teaching universities bringing together the best of liberal arts and professional education in a Christian community of learning and service. Belmont is among the fastest growing universities in the nation. Ranked No. 6 in the Regional Universities South category and named a "Most innovative" university by U.S. News & World Report, Belmont University consists of over 8,450 students who come from every state and 25 countries. The university's purpose is to help students explore their passions and develop their talents to meet the world's needs. With more than 90 areas of study, 22 master's programs and six doctoral degrees, there is no limit to the ways Belmont University can expand an individual's horizon.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Education Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Education Administration & Leadership Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Nashville